It's cold and it's broken
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 400+

The young Alphess yawned as she sauntered from the den, stretching her arms out over her head and pointing her toes even though it made her movements jerky and mechanical. A moment later the morning stretch was complete and she moved freely, foot paws steady in the loamy clearing. The mornings had taken on an all new feeling lately as spring approached. Their first two months here had been full of slow, cold mornings, and it was like the world was hesitant to wake. Now that the land was warming and beginning to thaw, everyone was up earlier. Including, it seemed, Soran.

She saw her dark sister lying there as soon as she was out of the den’s shadows. Light filtered through the surrounding trees to cast playful shadows upon the small clearing that opened for the pack’s den, but the dark wolfess was not hidden in these shadows at all. Titania’s paces stopped as she looked at her pack sister, laying there so peaceful and content. With a smile, she walked over to the dark silhouette near the mound.

“Keep that up and you’ll be fit for my family,” she chortled in response to the words she had heard Soran offer the bird. Despite any quips she could make, though, she would never truly deny neither Soran nor Jiva their esteem for the birds. In some strange way they were like kin; so like wolves, they often soared in their own sky-packs and ruled their own territory, most of them were even hunters just like themselves. Only, their hunt was an enigma to the wolf, captivating to watch, and Titania felt a small pang of loss at not having seen the animal’s actual catch.

Instead of looming over her Beta the Alphess crawled down onto the ground next to her until she was on her back at Soran’s side, shoulder to shoulder. Her coat smelled heavily of Zalen’s scent this morning, and that and her current form left little to the imagination about what the two had been up to last night. The Alphess was still too young to let Zalen truly have her, but oh, how they had learned to pet. And Optime was Titania’s favorite form for such games.

Laying next to Soran, she rolled on her side so she was facing the seasoned Beta, one hand playing with the blades of baby grass that was now peeking through the once snow-ravaged soil. “The warmth makes the rabbits grow bold,” her voice was amused and reflected her cheerful mood as her golden eyes flicked to the sight of the rabbits at the edge of the clearing; Soran had already seen them scramble when the sky hunter made its dip from the clouds, but they were already beginning to appear again. “They come to play with the wolf.”

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread