It's cold and it's broken
[html]
Any and all welcome, preferably New Dawn pack members otherwise this wont be a nice thread, what with the trespassing and all...

The months had changed again, the lands were now into what the humans had called March, although that was not a term that concerned Luperci, especially the wolves of this pack. Dawn came much earlier than it had in the more wintry months and it seemed as though the lands were finally springing back into life in places, a few of the earlier blooming trees were now vivid and bright with small white flowers, their petals a welcome signal that Spring was not too far around the corner now. Here and there small animals had begun to stir, a lot more active than they had been when the snow had covered the lush green grass that seemed to be thriving in the warm sunshine of the day; they played, rabbits and the like all together, dancing across the grass, seeming to celebrate the warming of the lands. Here and there birds sang in the early morning, greeting the rising sun. The sky was pure and unblemished blue today, lightening rapidly as the lazy orb of the sun rose above the horizon, all and all it was somewhat idyllic. The sable lady was laying on the grass, barely a stone's throw away from the communal pack den, she lay on her back, her long sable arms crossed across her stomach, jade eyes focused on the endless blue above her. A small smile played on her lips as she watched a lone bird of prey; not Tobias, the bird that belonged to young Jiva, as far as she could tell; circle in the sky, seeming to float above her, watching vigilantly for some prey to make itself known, to present itself as being vulnerable enough for the hunt. She could not help but smile as she watched it circle, feeling an odd kinship towards the feathered creature, after all she was a predator of the lands, a predator of the skies was her equal, simply behaving as she would do, but with the added advantage of being able to fly, to be able to see the lands and its prey stretched out below it. Oh to have that ability, almost to be able to see what was about to happen, now that would be a skill that would be more than valuable to the Beta wolf.

As usual the dark female had risen early, beating the sun today, arising before the dawn, she had licked her pale lover's face as she always did, saying a gentle goodbye and she had stepped out into the day silently. Today she was in her Optime form, her long mane was loose, falling to her elbows in its usual waves and curls, the only adornment being a pair of peacock feathers that her daughter had given her before she had left Crimson Dreams. Soran felt oddly at peace this morning, there had been a lot of turmoil and turbulence in her life recently, Noah had been punished severely for trespassing on Ichika's lands and Deuce seemed to have almost disowned him; that was something that hurt the ebony female's heart, even though she knew that he deserved what had been given to him, still she felt that he needed to be redeemed, she could still see the good in him. Slowly, languidly she blinked, closing her jade eyes for only a moment, just for a second, when she opened her eyes once again the bird of prey had swooped. It had fallen into a dive, wings folded against its body to allow it to move with great speed. Soran turned her head to watch it fall upon a plump rabbit, seeming to kill it instantly, she smiled to herself, it seemed that times might be easy for the hunters of this pack at the moment. The ebony lady moved into a sitting position and looked at the large bird.
"A fine catch I'd say." She spoke to it, although she knew that it would not understand a word that she had just said she still felt that the deed needed to be complimented. With another smile she brushed her mane from her eyes, watching as the bird began to feast on it's catch, the other rabbits scattering in all directions, small white tails bouncing as they fled.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 400+

The young Alphess yawned as she sauntered from the den, stretching her arms out over her head and pointing her toes even though it made her movements jerky and mechanical. A moment later the morning stretch was complete and she moved freely, foot paws steady in the loamy clearing. The mornings had taken on an all new feeling lately as spring approached. Their first two months here had been full of slow, cold mornings, and it was like the world was hesitant to wake. Now that the land was warming and beginning to thaw, everyone was up earlier. Including, it seemed, Soran.

She saw her dark sister lying there as soon as she was out of the den’s shadows. Light filtered through the surrounding trees to cast playful shadows upon the small clearing that opened for the pack’s den, but the dark wolfess was not hidden in these shadows at all. Titania’s paces stopped as she looked at her pack sister, laying there so peaceful and content. With a smile, she walked over to the dark silhouette near the mound.

“Keep that up and you’ll be fit for my family,” she chortled in response to the words she had heard Soran offer the bird. Despite any quips she could make, though, she would never truly deny neither Soran nor Jiva their esteem for the birds. In some strange way they were like kin; so like wolves, they often soared in their own sky-packs and ruled their own territory, most of them were even hunters just like themselves. Only, their hunt was an enigma to the wolf, captivating to watch, and Titania felt a small pang of loss at not having seen the animal’s actual catch.

Instead of looming over her Beta the Alphess crawled down onto the ground next to her until she was on her back at Soran’s side, shoulder to shoulder. Her coat smelled heavily of Zalen’s scent this morning, and that and her current form left little to the imagination about what the two had been up to last night. The Alphess was still too young to let Zalen truly have her, but oh, how they had learned to pet. And Optime was Titania’s favorite form for such games.

Laying next to Soran, she rolled on her side so she was facing the seasoned Beta, one hand playing with the blades of baby grass that was now peeking through the once snow-ravaged soil. “The warmth makes the rabbits grow bold,” her voice was amused and reflected her cheerful mood as her golden eyes flicked to the sight of the rabbits at the edge of the clearing; Soran had already seen them scramble when the sky hunter made its dip from the clouds, but they were already beginning to appear again. “They come to play with the wolf.”

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait on this dear and thank you so much for picking it up Big Grin

The sable female was completely content in this moment, she was in her pack, the pack that had welcomed her so readily, the pack who she loved so dearly, each and every one of them. Watching the bird pick at it's kill, stripping meat from the dead rabbit with such ease was an impressive sight; somehow at that moment, even though she often saw birds as small and insignificant; she knew that this predator was truly her equal. She knew that they would never clash, after all she could never hunt the way that he did and he could never compare to her on the ground, so somehow rather than being seen as a threat, she saw him as an equal in this moment. She could not help but smile at him as she watched him. Soon enough a voice cut through the peaceful silence of the early morning, Soran did not need to turn her head, she knew the voice and the scent well, Titania's voice and of course her scent, although it was very heavily entwined with her adopted son's scent as well. The dark lady did not mind that the young pale female had come to sit beside her, feeling the warmth of her as she lay beside her. The sable female turned her head to face the sky once more, smiling as Titania spoke of being one of her family if she said things like that to birds, remembering her cousin, Jiva with great fondness.
"Yes, I have met your cousin and his bird, they seem like a finely matched pair. And look at this specimen here, he is an impressive hunter, I cannot deny that and I am sure that you cannot either." The lady said with a smile upon her lips, turning to face the pale female then, licking her behind her ear in the affectionate, motherly way that she did to Zalen and all of her pups. She smiled at the young female as she watched her then.

She smiled at the young female again as she moved to sit up, stretching her long arms out and touching her toes, she was aging now, and sometimes a good stretch was just the thing to loosen her up. Titania spoke again and Soran smiled, nodding her agreement at what she had just said.
"You're very right there little one, they are coming very close to the den, they are growing bold indeed." The sable Beta replied, smiling at the younger girl, hoping that she would not take offence to the term "little one"; it had not been said to create offence, the ebony female had used it whenever speaking to anyone of her bloodline, no matter how old they were, she saw Zalen as being her son and had used it when speaking to him as well, she hoped that Titania would see that the phrase was an acceptance into the sable matriarch's family. She smiled at the young girl, the girl she had grown to see as a daughter in law and turned her head slightly.
"How is everything with yourself and Zalen little one? Is everything going well?" She asked, hoping that Titania saw her as a mother, as Zalen did and would be willing to speak to her about such things.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 550
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

Word Count :: 400+

“It’s no wonder Jiva has such an affinity for them,” she added as she watched the bird with its catch. No, she couldn’t deny the success of the creature’s hunt, nor the grace with which these animals hunted. Though she had no drive to keep any pets she knew she could never blame Jiva for his partnership with the hawk.

When Soran gave her a loving lick she closed her eyes and pushed herself into the elder, nuzzling affectionately for a moment. Forms be damned, she would show her affection for her pack even in Optime, still acting much like they did when in their true wolf shape.

When she asked about Zalen a dallying smile came to her, and by the dreamy look in her eyes it was obvious that the very thought of the Alpha sent flutters through the girl’s heart. She stared at the clouds above for a moment and sighed, then pushed herself up to her elbows and looked at Soran. “Everything is just… spectacular…” she said whimsically. His scent was heavy on her coat – it always was – but today even more so. Their affections for each other had grown immensely, and almost every night Titania wanted to slink away from the den with him for “play” time.

“Only…” A look crossed her mien, though, as a worrisome thought crossed her mind. She had never really talked to anybody about this, but when her eyes met Soran’s and she felt the elder’s presence, she knew she could confide in her. Still, the young Alphess paused for a moment, her eyes dropping as though the ground was suddenly strikingly interesting.

“I… I feel kind of… impatient?” Golden eyes flicked back to Soran’s countenance, and in that moment the Alphess suddenly looked much like a puppy again. “Our affections… I mean… We get closer and closer, and I feel like I’m dying to have him, but in the last moment I always have to push him away. We… can’t, yet. I can’t yet. But I want to. I need him like the day needs the sun!”

There was another pause, and this time her fervent voice was once again unsure. “And now the wolfesses are coming into season… and I’m not… and they can offer him something I can’t yet give him…” She sat up all the way and looked down at her hands, entwining her fingers as she played with them. So far, Titania had done a very good job keeping the other females in their place, and that management was partially fueled by this feeling.

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Smile Titania is so cute and young Smile

The sable female liked the younger female, she could not help it, the older female was naturally the kind of creature that wanted to mother others and Titania was no exception, perhaps it was because she felt an immense guilt deep within herself, she had never been the best mother to her elder two litters, the twins she had abandoned completely when they had been young. It was true that she had been a wreck, a complete mess when they had been born, they were the product of a rape, a rape by the male who had killed her mate, impregnated her and then tried to kidnap there son, him raping her had been the very last straw for the ebony female's sanity; she had fallen to pieces completely and had been unable to cope; so she had fled the lands, leaving the pups with Phasma. Now it was almost as if she had an unconscious need to make amends, to be the mother that she should have been then with everyone around her, she needed to love them and make them comfortable and happy, somehow it made her feel as if there might be someone somewhere that was doing the same for her eldest children. She missed them every day, not knowing them and having them near her was like having a missing limb, she would never be whole while she was living with the uncertainty of their whereabouts and wellbeing, but she coped, she managed every day; hopefully one day she might see her children once again and the guilt might be alleviated. But for now she had to make do with loving all those around her, mothering them, not that she did not genuinely care for them, she just needed to be a mother. The sable female smiled as Titania spoke about Jiva, nodding her coal coloured head as she talked about him.
"It must be nice to have your cousin so close to you, I don't have any cousins." The sable female replied, she smiled but there was a wistfulness behind it somehow.

The conversation then turned to Titania and Zalen's relationship, the ebony female smiled and her tail thumped against the ground as the young girl said that it was spectacular, she was genuinely pleased for the young female, she wanted them to be together and be happy, she trusted Zalen would always look after the pale female and she was glad to have them as her Alpha pair. But then came the "but" moment and the dark female's tail stopped wagging, she looked at the younger girl carefully, her ears turning so that she could hear everything that she was saying, there was a little bit of concern bubbling up in her chest, she could not imagine the pair apart, she did not want them to break up, they seemed so happy. Soran also knew that Zalen had been hurt in the past and she did not want him to have his heart broken once again. Especially when he seemed so happy and the pair seemed so well suited to one another. She listened though and relaxed visibly as she explained the problem. It seemed that there was no lack of love between the dual coloured pair, the issue was more that there was too much love between the pair, that they were completely unable to keep their hands off of one another, but Titania being so young was the issue here. Soran smiled at her and moved to place a palm against the pale girl's cheek, stroking it with her thumb, smiling at the young girl warmly.
"My goodness I know that feeling well, I used to have it with Deuce you know. And before that, my first love Summer, I was so in love with her, but it was all very strange for me, her being a female, eventually we overcame that together, I think love has a way of allowing you to overcome all kinds of things." Soran replied, musing over what else the girl had said, that she was desperate to have Zalen but that she was not ready yet... and that she was concerned that the other females were coming into heat and that they could give him what she could not. Soran gave a small laugh then, a warm affectionate laugh, not mocking the girl, simply making a cheery noise.

"My darling Zalen very clearly loves you, he will wait for you. From all I know of him... and considering I see him as a son I feel I know him very well, he is a loyal soul. Just because you are not ready, that does not mean that he would stray from you, far from it I am sure. And I doubt that any female in the pack would be disrespectful enough to throw herself at him, not that he would take her up on the offer I am sure. But I can assure you anyone foolish enough to do that would be having to deal with me." Soran said with a smile, stroking the girl's cheek once again.
"The most important thing is not to rush anything, I am sure that Zalen would be horrified if you were to let him have you before you were really ready. Trust me darling, the best thing you can do is to wait and allow yourself to be really ready. I am sure that he can wait." The sable female spoke with the wisdom of her age. She mused over how lucky she was now, not having to worry about such things, being madly in love with Deuce had more than a few good points; and her age provided her with a very useful ability to suppress her heat, so she did not suddenly go mad with lust from time to time.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 973
[/html]
[html]

Eep I hope you're still interested in this thread! I was having muse problems but suddenly had the inspiration. Word Count :: 700+

It was strange speaking to someone about these matters. The only person she ever imagined talking to about this would have been Zalen himself, but now suddenly out of nowhere and with no warning she had spilled her concerns to Soran. Well, these were things a girl would talk to a maternal figure about, but Orin wasn’t here and there was an aura about Soran that was so comfortingly maternal…

Her ears perked when the Beta related her own past to Titania’s plight. Cocking her head to the side, she realized she had never thought about anyone else going through the same thing. She never doubted her love for Zalen, but still sometimes felt like it was some bizarre, outlandish thing because of their age gap. She always thought that she would feel like an outsider if they had to live anywhere other than New Dawn. Of course it was obvious that Soran and her mate, Deuce, must feel the same way, but Titania had never thought to compare their situations.

“So… Deuce… she’s not your first mate who is… the same?” They had never really talked about it before. There was no hiding the fact that Deuce and Soran were a mated pair who were of the same gender, but that didn’t mean that they spoke about it either. Their love for each other, whilst accepted by Titania and Zalen for what it was, seemed unnatural to the wolves who based their lives on their primal instincts. So what Soran was saying, what she was telling her now, was that her love for deuce wasn’t just some random occurrence, some strange misfire. Titania ran a hand through tight red curls, her jaw moving ever so slightly as she grinded her teeth in thought. There was a sudden, strange fear in the back of her consciousness, too, like Soran could hear her thoughts and would suddenly hate her for them.

Soran moved, and Titania let her eyes stare blankly at the skies, awaiting the stark blue to be broken by the show of a sky dancing bird. “I know he loves me, and deep down I don’t really believe that he would betray me. Zalen is a wolf that when he speaks and you look into his eyes you know he is not lying. Like his very soul can’t lie. The others… they’re not a true threat. But still… sometimes I can’t help myself from thinking the wrong way.”

There was a short pause and she continued to stare wistfully at the heavens, but a moment later a girlish grin came to her face and she rolled over, giggling mischievously as she turned golden eyes to Soran. “And besides, that still doesn’t change the fact that I want to hurry up. Even if Zalen can wait I don’t want to anymore.” She looked positively devilish as she grinned, biting her bottom lip in mock coyness. She sat up and brushed some of the grass from her chest.

“Our love will finally be at its strongest then, and all the days in New Dawn will be the brightest, and the moon at its fullest,” whoever was responsible for that one was unclear. Titania had been raised by a head-in-the-clouds romantic, but was also now mated to one, and now she sounded like a mixture of both.

She let herself fall backwards onto the grass again, forgetting that she had just brushed herself off. Wild red curls spread out all around her and mirthful yellow eyes watched the dark shade of her Beta, and when a new question came to her it was clear by the curious twist in her features.

“Why don’t you have a pattern like the other wolfesses?” She asked, clearly referring to the cycles that so plagued her thoughts right now. “Is it because of Deuce? I mean, is your body different?” She didn’t really know how to word it, and in her ignorance could not soften the fact that she was asking Soran if there was something fundamentally different about her biology because she was gay, or if she was gay because she was different. At least the curiosity in her eyes attested to the innocence of her question. Little of all of this had been explained to Titania, she was just learning about life as it happened, and she did not know that it was because of Soran’s age and experience that she could suppress her cycle.

<style>
[/html]