It's cold and it's broken
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Eep I hope you're still interested in this thread! I was having muse problems but suddenly had the inspiration. Word Count :: 700+

It was strange speaking to someone about these matters. The only person she ever imagined talking to about this would have been Zalen himself, but now suddenly out of nowhere and with no warning she had spilled her concerns to Soran. Well, these were things a girl would talk to a maternal figure about, but Orin wasn’t here and there was an aura about Soran that was so comfortingly maternal…

Her ears perked when the Beta related her own past to Titania’s plight. Cocking her head to the side, she realized she had never thought about anyone else going through the same thing. She never doubted her love for Zalen, but still sometimes felt like it was some bizarre, outlandish thing because of their age gap. She always thought that she would feel like an outsider if they had to live anywhere other than New Dawn. Of course it was obvious that Soran and her mate, Deuce, must feel the same way, but Titania had never thought to compare their situations.

“So… Deuce… she’s not your first mate who is… the same?” They had never really talked about it before. There was no hiding the fact that Deuce and Soran were a mated pair who were of the same gender, but that didn’t mean that they spoke about it either. Their love for each other, whilst accepted by Titania and Zalen for what it was, seemed unnatural to the wolves who based their lives on their primal instincts. So what Soran was saying, what she was telling her now, was that her love for deuce wasn’t just some random occurrence, some strange misfire. Titania ran a hand through tight red curls, her jaw moving ever so slightly as she grinded her teeth in thought. There was a sudden, strange fear in the back of her consciousness, too, like Soran could hear her thoughts and would suddenly hate her for them.

Soran moved, and Titania let her eyes stare blankly at the skies, awaiting the stark blue to be broken by the show of a sky dancing bird. “I know he loves me, and deep down I don’t really believe that he would betray me. Zalen is a wolf that when he speaks and you look into his eyes you know he is not lying. Like his very soul can’t lie. The others… they’re not a true threat. But still… sometimes I can’t help myself from thinking the wrong way.”

There was a short pause and she continued to stare wistfully at the heavens, but a moment later a girlish grin came to her face and she rolled over, giggling mischievously as she turned golden eyes to Soran. “And besides, that still doesn’t change the fact that I want to hurry up. Even if Zalen can wait I don’t want to anymore.” She looked positively devilish as she grinned, biting her bottom lip in mock coyness. She sat up and brushed some of the grass from her chest.

“Our love will finally be at its strongest then, and all the days in New Dawn will be the brightest, and the moon at its fullest,” whoever was responsible for that one was unclear. Titania had been raised by a head-in-the-clouds romantic, but was also now mated to one, and now she sounded like a mixture of both.

She let herself fall backwards onto the grass again, forgetting that she had just brushed herself off. Wild red curls spread out all around her and mirthful yellow eyes watched the dark shade of her Beta, and when a new question came to her it was clear by the curious twist in her features.

“Why don’t you have a pattern like the other wolfesses?” She asked, clearly referring to the cycles that so plagued her thoughts right now. “Is it because of Deuce? I mean, is your body different?” She didn’t really know how to word it, and in her ignorance could not soften the fact that she was asking Soran if there was something fundamentally different about her biology because she was gay, or if she was gay because she was different. At least the curiosity in her eyes attested to the innocence of her question. Little of all of this had been explained to Titania, she was just learning about life as it happened, and she did not know that it was because of Soran’s age and experience that she could suppress her cycle.

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread