[M]Neither This nor That
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

There was no sound but the sound itself. No inflection of glee nor depress of disdain. Simply nothing, if such could be made simple. She said nothing at all as he came closer, his gait burdened by injury but just as determined as his past steps. He drew nigh to her and for a brief instant she could feel the fragile warmth emanating from his towering frame. As fleeting as his words, the whisper of a touch was gone and she felt the cold again seep into her. From her bared shoulders and the calloused pads of her feet, she felt the chill creep in and steal away to her core. “I doubt anyone knew…” softly came her brittle voice made weaker by the trembling of her vocals as though stricken by cold themselves. “I had only learned of it this afternoon. Had I not come by to see her, I doubt I would have known at all until the pups were running around all their own.” For whom would have told her? Who would have trusted her enough to tell her the news?

Her mate proceeded onward toward the den, her words ignored save by the wind. Bed, he claimed. And did he expect her to join him? When warmth was better felt out in the cold than in the hearth of their den, did he expect her to follow? They would say nothing more than this. He would express only his intention to sleep, no happiness for their friend, nor anger that the ancestors again chose to bless another instead of them? “…is that all you have to say then?” Every intention was made to leave her words as they were, but her tongue itched to say more despite her want for it to be still and leave the matter as it was.

“You used to be more vocal than this…”

313 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread