[M]Neither This nor That
[html]

WC:410

If the man was ever allowed to cry he would have done so long ago, but his form was numb to emotion. His blues looked at her, his eyes narrowing as she spoke as ears slowly folded against his head. The first real outburst, or rather show of emotion from her and it stung him like white hot poker. Making him fidget as if unsure of how to react. What was there to say that he was sure she knew already? That somehow Kiara being pregnant again reminded him of the absent bundles of joy that should have been scampering around their den? He sighed as his form slowly relaxed; his tail regained some sense of flexibility as eyes again looked back up to her.

He remained silent for a fleeting few moments, not sure of what if anything to say to sate her. At the meeting it had been clear to him that she had spoken to him not as his mate but as some Alpha. Someone whom he had never given his submission over to, he had given himself to her, to X’yrin but not to the Alpha that had called the meeting. So he stood there unsure of whom was asking him these questions.

“Whom is asking me? The alpha of Ichika or my mate? If my mate is asking me then, I would tell her it’s because I haven’t submitted to this alpha, so I feel no reason to elaborate on my own personal feelings. While my mate claimed me and has every right to know my opinions and to consul me, this alpha does not.” It was said simply, the venom he would have normally carried if asked or elaborated on the topic a few short weeks ago was absent, only his soft logic. But it had been bubbling within him, she had sought this position, and he wondered how she would have acted if situations where reversed. Honestly if he had formed his own pack situations would have been different, and she would have most likely joined him in leadership. But Ichika wasn’t a pack he was a natural fit for, and it may have gone deeper than he really had ever wanted to admit. For he had really wanted to found a pack with her.

“At one time I had hoped you and I would leave to go off and stake our own claim, but now I see your intent on this Ichikan dream, and I’m unsure of if I’m supposed to be in it.”

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread