[M]Neither This nor That
[html]

WC:440:

His blues clouded as his heart started to beat faster as the pain ebbed in in waves. Robbed of oxygen for a few moments his heart only beat harder seeking to wake whatever force was robbing it of oxygen and to allow his lungs to fill again. But it didn’t come as quickly as it would have liked. Her grip was magnificent and close to his own and when her grip slowly started to falter air found its way back into his lungs. It started slowly, and as his mate seemed to back pedal and her anger seemed to lash out all over the place, his form creaked and twisted. Nimble arms replaced forepaws and legs slowly unwound out behind him. The man knew what he had to do but had to wait for the change to finish.

A long deep breathe was drawn in to hungry lungs, as he worked himself up into a crawling posture. His blues looking over her, his sadness coming over him in waves. He choked a moment clearing his throat from her previous grasp, and favoring his shoulder once again as he fought to stand. Once his form reared up onto two legs his eyes moved back to her. She had perceived him as submitting and it had never been the case. At least in the last few seconds before deciding inaction was better than fighting her.

“I’m sorry” he said hoarsely, having for the first time seen how much pain she was enduring, and knowing it was because of him. It seemed fitting for him to leave her, but something seemed to quell the thought before it fully evolved. “If my pride is what I have to give up to be your mate then I will sacrifice it, and from now on until you are sufficiently appeased that my words are indeed true, you can demote me and give me the punishment you deem fitting for the crimes I committed. Against the pack, and… against you” he said softly. Saluce wanted to wrap his arms around her, kiss her and utter soft musings of his love but he stood still, his sadness plainly written across his brow.

“I love you, and I’ll be damned if I let myself ruin what’s left, if there is anything left.” he took a short step toward her, not sure if she would once again open up another barrage of attack against him. Saluce wouldn’t defend himself, there was no need to, he was at fault. ”I’ve wanted to hold you and tell you it’s going to be alright, but…” he let the words sit in the air. Before his head hung sullenly.

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread