admonition and celebration
[html]

Word Count → 371

A range of expressions crossed the arctic wolf’s pretty face, just as Vesper went through several stages of figuring out the basic facts of what was in front of her. She felt sheepish for her silliness, but this was Kiara, and so keeping some macho-man image didn’t matter. She was happy to grin at her friend, tail wagging, as she listened to the woman’s explanation.

The tawny wolf was about to make some remark about random one night stands although she knew nothing about this male, but the snowy woman went on and caused her grin to soften. She came forward and bumped her head gently against Kiara’s. She thought fondly of her, and knew that Kiara considered her a good friend despite their distance, but it still touched her that the pregnant she-wolf had been so excited to come see her.

She chuckled quietly at the other’s joking tone. “Yeah, I guess I need to. But I’m a leader of Inferni now, too.” She winked then explained quickly. “Well, a subleader really. A lot’s been going on, which was why I was worried about you turning up on the borders.” Her smile faded, and she averted her eyes, weighed down with the knowledge that she shouldn’t impart much more information. Friends or not, she did not want the Ichikans to know all that was going on with the fire clan.

“But I’m happy for you,” she went on warmly, “and I’ll want to see when they’re born, of course! It’ll be nice to have more non-luperci in the world, if they choose to stay that way.” She blinked at this statement left her lips, and her ears turned down slightly. Already Kiara had friends who could shift while she could not, but what would it be like with children who might want to do the same? “I’ll have to instill four-legged pride in them,” she decided lightly, not wanting to make the mother-to-be worry about such things. “When’ll they be due? And uh, how are things with X’y leading?” She hoped everything was well, for she trusted her Nomad friend to guide the mountain pack with capable hands. She was more realistic and understanding than most of the “hippies,” anyway.

<style type="text/css">
.vestper b {font-weight:bold; color:#697d87; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bab1b5 1px 1px 2px;}
.vestper t {font-style:italic; color:#697d87; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bab1b5 1px 1px 2px;}
.vestper p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.vestper p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vestper .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#697d87; text-shadow:#bab1b5 1px 1px 2px;}
.vestper p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.vestper {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#b9c0c2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hZRG5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 4px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e7073; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread