[M] Wandering around
Hadley gave her a small smile before he planted the expressionless look he had before, back onto his face. She couldn’t be sure but she felt like the smile had been forced. Perhaps he just felt bad when he saw her crying and was taking pity on her. Isa preferred to be completely ignored rather than be given attention out of pity. She followed Hadley still, giving him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he was being sincere.

The two of them wandered around for a while before they stumbled upon a town. It wasn’t very big but Hadley seemed relived to find somewhere he could get cloth. He looked around and walked into one of the houses that was still in decent shape. There wasn’t too much there but Isa did notice some cloth and fabric on the floor along with some furs on the bed. She let Hadley grab whatever he needed first while she looked around. Isa rummaged through a desk and found some paper and other things that would normally be found in a desk. Then something shiny caught her eye. She pulled a small dagger out of one of the desk drawers. It seemed to be in good condition, it was about the length of her wrist to her fingertips and had a black leather hilt. It would need sharpening but other than that it was ready to go. She looked again and noticed that what she had thought was just a bit of cloth or something was actually a sheath. Isa decided to keep both and strapped the sheath onto her thigh and put the dagger in the sheath.

She turned to Hadley as he rummaged around and finally decided to speak up. ”You know I’m not going to hurt you Hadley. That little nip I gave your shoulder earlier is as hard as I bite unless myself, or someone I care about is threatened. And I promise I wouln’t even nip.” She stepped forward and reached out to touch the three scars on his chest but stopped and pulled her hand back. Isa figured he more than likely wouldn’t open up to her or even feel comfortable around her until she opened up to him first. The only one she had told about her life was Adelle and she was a pup looking for a story, it’s different when it’s another adult. She kept debating on whether or not to speak up.

Messages In This Thread