[M] Wandering around
Isa sat there, clutching the bear as she sobbed. She had absolutely no idea what had just happened but she had a pretty good idea of what probably did happen. She desperately hoped she was wrong. As the tears kept flowing She thought of her mother and wished she was there to help her in her time of need. She always did tell Isa that she would always be there for her, to protect her. So where was she now when Isa desperately needed her. Isa knew the answer; she was dead and couldn’t help her anymore.

The song her mother used to sing to her as a pup any time her father had attacked her came to mind. She felt compelled to sing, hoping it would make her feel at least a little better. She lifted her muzzle into the air and began to sing, knowing Hadley could probably hear her but she didn’t really care at that point. ”I waited for you today, but you didn’t show. I needed you today, so where did you go?” She began to feel at least somewhat better and continued to sing. ”You told me to call, said you’d be there. And though I haven’t seen you, are you still there? I cried out with no reply and I can’t feel you by my side. So, I hold tight to what I know, you’re here. And I’m never alone.” The tears had ceased and Isa looked down at the bear. Slowly, she stood and walked back inside the house.

She saw him sitting on the bed and leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. She walked over to him, still holding onto the teddy bear. Isa sat next to him and wrapped her arms around his abdomen in an embrace. ”I’m so sorry Hadley.” It was barely a whisper but it was all she could do to keep herself from crying again.

Messages In This Thread