Do you remember me?
The question brought up memories of her time in Rome, all that time spent playing and working and flirting in the Basilisk tavern, and the subsequent days lingering around the docks with Renato when he wasn’t working. “It’s a lot better than this place,” she said flatly. Lucia may have been born and raised here amongst the sparsely populated wilderness, but she had quickly grown to love city life. "Papa's stories of the place were more than just tall tales, it seems."

Rio had experiences of her own during their time separated, and the first words out of her mouth were a shock. Lucia's eyes widened, ears flattening against her skull. Kidnapped? That... that changed things. That sting of abandonment was lessened by this cruel working of fate. But as her sibling said, she'd clearly escaped, and seemed none the worse for it. "...I'm glad you're okay." Honest, simple words. And how surprisingly easy they were to say.

Her dark-furred sibling had picked up on her unease, and Lucia hesitated momentarily at the question. She didn't want to get into it, not now. Talking about it would only make her agitation worse. Jade eyes drifted toward the sea shore, watching the waves lap against the sands. "It's... It's nothing. I'm just not all that eager to be here. You can thank him for this cheery reunion," she said, nodding to the fisherman. Renato remained silent, though his face lit up with a smile when he was pointed out. Lucia was surprised by his silence; usually the timber wolf was eager to leap into conversations.

Truth be told, this whole meeting was going better than expected, and Lucia was slowly beginning to calm herself down as their conversation continued. Something was missing though. "What about Harlowe?" she asked. Here Rio was, and mother and Caprica had been explained, but there had been no mention of their brother. What could have happened to Lucia's quiet twin in all this time?

Messages In This Thread