children and graveyards
The sudden rage pouring off Linquil had Terra leaping into the air. Stepping back her tail lashed wildly behind her, eyes glimmering with excitement, answered with a look every bit as feral as the female's before her. Would they chase her? Try to kill her? She was ready. Her body was positioned in a mockery of a play bow, ready to spring away. If they decided to attack her Terra would enjoy making them look like fools, guiding them through the maze she lived in. This land was hers, and Terra knew how to move through it swiftly without disturbing others around her. I like my tongue where it is, thank you very much. She didn't bother calling Linquil by name again, knowing that butchering it would probably just make the situation worse.

Looking death in the eyes Terra grinned. Would she die now? Or would she outsmart it again? I don't know anyone with that name, though I know plenty of white wolves. I come from Inferni, a northern clan of coyotes. She would protect her pack with her lies. No one would be able to tell she was lying either, with the lies falling from her lips as easily as the truth. It sounded the same when she spoke, so used to it not even someone trained to detect the inconsistencies able to hear the difference. Farther back, I come from the west. It seemed that Linquil was intent on using her, without any games or rewards for her. The only reward you could possibly give me is a good show. It was the only thing Terra ever wanted.

Messages In This Thread