children and graveyards
Terra grinned with amusement. I speak with a death carrier, do I not? You lack the star, but I can still see death in your steps. It's useless if you spare me. I will dance with death this day whether with you or another. We're fated. She was trapped in the movements, ensnared by her own grim fascination with the feel of life inside her when so close to losing it. The smile that embraced Linquil's face was impressive. Terra's hackles raised at the sight of it, setting her tail wagging even faster. She nodded her head curtly and spun around, measuring what path she would take.

Her paws sprang before her, and Terra went flying among the stones. It was the most amazing feeling, wind in her face and death at her back. She darted through swiftly, picking stones with arching curves that would strike tall wolves, making it more challenging for those following her. The exit was still a fair distance ahead, and Terra's ears trained to listen for where they were. Silent as they would try to be Shadow had taught her how to hear the silence where there should be none, allowing her to track those who made no noise.

Messages In This Thread