Nasgiyai nugvwayusadegi
[html]
<style>.marit{width:90%; margin:auto;}.marit p {text-indent:0;}</style>

Matteo is being exiled from AniWaya for crimes committed in the past two months.
Ulilohi calls for the tribe's attention; you do not have to post here to reference your character being here. Consider it a sort of PSA from Ulilohi.

I will change the thread to AW when the rest of you can post (if you want to) -- for now it's just Ulilohi and Matteo, and the rest of you are assumed present.

Ulilohi found herself cold, for once. Ever since she came here she had dreaded this moment. Sure enough, as it would happen in any pack or tribe, a criminal had appeared amongst them. She had spoken to him the day before, after seizing him with the help of the crafter, Simcha. The criminal was kept in the prisoner's hut, where she had questioned him. Anatole and numerous others told her of how he had assaulted Anatole unprovoked, at least physically. Further conversations with other key members confirmed her growing dread. Claudius had mentioned that trouble had been following close on his heels when Matteo first came here. When she learned from the Inferni leader how Matteo had come to them, presenting himself as an AniWayan and seeking to spy for the clan, the brown-pelted woman had not known what to think. Could this Matteo be trusted? In her mind, there was simply no chance that Matteo had not spied on them for Inferni. Why else would he volunteer to them? She did not really blame the coyote clan for their curiosity. They were too far away for her to worry anyway. The warrior was not so weak that she could not pick out the real threats from the fake on the horizon, and here stood one individual, Matteo, as one of them.

Simcha had secured the hands of the criminal, but held him close as well as they waited for the curious eyes of her tribesmembers to arrive and look at him. He could not run away from this; he had to bear the shame, for all to see, for having decieved his family and his mate. The councilwoman could not imagine what it must be like to find out one's mate was to be exiled for treason and assault, but it was not hard to understand that it was difficult. Still, her heart had no spare room for sympathies when the time came to announce his misdeeds and his verdict. She could not be weak in such situations; she had to show them that she helped keep them safe from the likes of him. "AniWayans, Unalihelitseti. I have called you to here so you can witness and aid me in the bringing of justice for Matteo's crimes. I have found that he has assaulted Anatole, and spied on us for Inferni, the northern coyote clan. He came here bearing violent history on his shoulders and nearly brought dangers on our doorstep for it. He is accused of treason and assault, and his punishment is shame, and exile." She waited. This situation must be so alike the one Maska had held when he moved Dawali to the Itawamba rank, and she feared that their memory of that event might echo into this world and enrage them. "He makes our home unsafe, and I will not tolerate lawbreakers who stir only trouble in our hearts and in our lives. Matteo—" she turned to the male, now, for the first time since she began speaking. "If you have anything to say, this is your chance." Ulilohi was not unreasonable.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread