I don't care
[html]

Word Count → 316 :: Out of Character text

​ ​It worked. It had actually worked! Dhiate relaxed noticably when they did. He couldn't believe that his little act had worked. Mentally, he reminded himself to thank Amy for those lessons. They had saved his sorry hide.

Dhiate nodded, gracefully accepting her apology. He nodded again, they had introduced themselves. "Right. You're Isa." He pointed to the paler one who was the only one who had spoken. "And you're Thana. Correct." Again he pointed at the girl he named. That was the one who liked smirking and sneering at him. The one he decidedly didn't like.

His voice was softer now, and kinder. It didn't have that biting edge although it was still rough. He finally answered her question. Dhiate pulled up his bangs revealing the hidden half of his face. Marring his right eye were two parallel lines. Two scars that branded him as a slave. "Yep, that's right. Amy Sunders owns me. I do whatever she pleases in return for food, shelter, and an astonishing lack of injuries." He spoke good-naturedly, actually happy at being able to say his mistress's name. He dropped the bangs and crossed his arms behind his back, swaying a little like a child at school. Next question.

The change in him was tremendous, almost as if he'd been hit with a hammer. His arms dropped down, smile gone and blue eyes wide. The hair on the backs of his arms and shoulders raised up as his face twisted in a snarl. All pretense of 'happy' was gone like the vernal flowers. "Yeah. I know that back-stabbing bastard. He's the one who did this to me and ran off before I knew what was happening." Dhiate gestured to his entire body. His voice wasn't cruel, it was furious. But he wasn't mad at them. At Hadley? Duh. It still mad him furious at that name. The betrayal was still fresh.

<style>
.prettyboy-box {background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... al13-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; width:235px; height:172px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.prettyboy {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.prettyboy p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.prettyboy p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.prettyboy .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.prettyboy p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.prettyboy b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread