I don't care
[html]

Word Count → 475 :: You're fine. Sorry bout mine. It's kind of hectic and confusing... But I suppose its supposed to be like that.

​It was a good thing Dhiate was a quick thinker; if he wasn't, he'd probably end up dead before the day was done. Although he didn't enjoy having a complete stranger catechize him like this, he understood she would have reasons. He understood that she wouldn't understand his pain, frustration, and in truth, he hoped she wouldn't. He'd never wish it on anyone.

Dhiate's eyes were bloodshot, crazed. It was all he could do not to break down screaming. She didn't know. Would never know. Should never know. And he was happy for her. Yet he pitied them both, for he knew that when one died, the other would be lost.

A sad smile found its way to his face. He ignored her growl and stepped close to the both of them, looked first into her eyes, then into the other. Softly, he whispered as tears gathered in his eyes. He would try to explain.

"Look... I know you don't understand, and I hope that you never have to..." He looked away. Bit his lip. How could he make them understand. Seeing them, he knew he'd have to tell them what he hadn't even told Amy. "I had a brother. We were just as close as you two are now. When we were young, we came home from play to..." He swore he wouldn't break before these girls. "We watched our parents get beaten to death. We then were taken in by the same ones who killed them. We weren't six months old. Later, there was a fire and I watched many burn to death." He swallowed deeply and a single tear fell. His voice cracked. "I was older, I was supposed to protect him but... I just watched him burn... I came here, alone. He was all I had and I watched him die. I couldn't save him." Tears were falling freely as he relived it.

He took a deep breath. Tried to compose himself before moving on. "I met Hadley and I trusted him, but he left me confused and alone. Then Amy came. She's the only one I can trust. Despite what you may think, she never lies and she's always there." Dhiate wiped the tears from his face with a sigh. He looked back up. They had to know. He closed his eyes. He couldn't say this without crying. "Not a day goes by when I don't wonder if I could have saved him. If he knew how much I loved him. Don't ever let that happen okay?" His pale fists clenched and his body racked with sobs. He didn't want them to know his pain as he backed up against a tree and let himself fall to the ground.

Why was he losing it in front of a couple of strangers. Because they aren't strangers. I used to be them.

<style>
.prettyboy-box {background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... al13-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; width:235px; height:172px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.prettyboy {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.prettyboy p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.prettyboy p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.prettyboy .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.prettyboy p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.prettyboy b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread