On the road again
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 338 // +3 points

Alduin nodded and walked somewhat behind and to the side of Insomnia, making sure he had a good view of the area that surrounded her. It wasn’t his responsibility to care for others outside his pack, but he would make exceptions. After all, a life is a life, and he couldn’t live with himself if she was hurt on his watch. So as they walked, the tundra wolf kept his ears pricked forward and his eyes shifting fluidly across the lands; ever vigilant, and prepared for the worst. He placed a smile on his lips to keep the mood light, however. He didn’t want her to revisit those memories.

So madam,” he began softly so as not to startle her, “what type of creature did you have in mind for yourself?

He looked about the area, finding only the common squirrel and fluttering dragonfly within sight. They weren’t what he wanted, and he was certain Insomnia had better ideas for her own companion as well. He pictured her with something adorable, but vicious. It needed to fit her personality, but be able to help protect her if the time came. Perhaps, he thought, one of the martens? They’re cute enough fellows and they seem to be rather abundant. He pondered the worthiness of the creature, but he would wait until he’d heard what the lady had in mind before he spoke his piece.

For now, he continued to walk by her and kept a wary eye out for any dangers that might befall the pair. Highly unlikely, but his actions were fueled by a lifetime of chivalry and respect. After all, what sort of man would he be if allowed another to fall victim to anything while he was present? He sniffed the air frequently, being careful to disguise his inquiries as normal behavior so he wouldn’t alarm the young woman he traveled with as he did his best to discreetly shift her movements toward the trees. Surely there would be something for them to find in there.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread