On the road again
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Sounds like a plan to me, madam,” he said with a grin. “For now, I think it’s best that we part ways and search for something for each other. We can reconvene at the falls.

He made a bow to the dark wolf and walked toward a small patch of trees and shrubs. He didn’t worry too much about Insomnia, though, seeing as how the terrain was rather flat and lacking in any sort of foliage. It was just enough to house a few small animals, and Alduin was thankful for it. Without an abundance of trees to block his view, he could easily manage looking out for both Insomnia and her future companion.

So it was with a sharp eye and determined mind that he set to work, keeping his footsteps light and his movements slow. He decided a marten would be perfect for her, but he would have to find the right one. His head turned from side to side as he searched, but he found only rabbits and various flying bugs again. Occasionally, he lifted his nose to the wind to check for intruders and focused his eyes on wherever Insomnia had wandered off to.

An hour passed, and Alduin had been fortunate enough to come across something climbing into a tree. Quickly, he turned to where it was and fell to one knee. His eyes made sure to stay focused on the creature as it scurried about in the branches. It looked upon Alduin with curiosity, though it was too afraid to come down from the safety of its perch. It seemed like it wished to communicate, but it only spoke in low speech. Alduin could not understand, but perhaps as it spent time with Insomnia, it would come to learn enough to speak with her a bit. So he offered his hand in peace to the marten as he attempted to coax it out of the tree.

Come, my good sir,” he urged quietly. “A friend of mine desires your company. See her over there?

Alduin pointed in the direction of Insomnia and the marten turned his attention to her. The creature saw a frail looking beast in the distance, and for some reason it made him sad. As he smelled the air to perhaps catch a whiff of her, he made a face of disgust. There was something on her that stunk like violence, but he could tell it wasn’t any act of her own. The marten stared long at the female before he nodded once and bolted out of the tree. He passed Alduin like lightning and sped toward where Insomnia was. He wanted to see her up close.

Miz Insomnia!” Alduin called out as he tried to stifle a laugh while running toward her. “Beware the fluff ball!

Alduin made his way to where the black wolf was, not too concerned about her safety as it seemed the little fellow was more curious than anything. Cute little devil, he thought as he raced back to his new acquaintance.

ooc; Here’s a picture of the marten!
Word count: 508 // +5 points

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread