A Bit Too Far
[html]
My cold dark tower seems so bright

Word Count :: 384 Silly Skoll. Anyway, he's surprised at her speech because according to the RP guide a two-month-old would sound like a human five-year-old. xD

The boy did not quite know how to feel seeing such a tiny puppy on neutral territory. Right now, he was mostly perplexed at how she hadn’t gotten eaten yet—and somewhat jealous that her guardians had let her roam around when he’d been cooped up in the safety of the pack lands at that age. Or—maybe she was lost? Or maybe even she didn’t have any guardians! His green eyes grew wider by the moment, his lips drooping in a faint frown as he watched her. Had he been an adult, he certainly would have known what to do, but the fact was that the prince was little more than a kid and only just now able to think so abstractly.

Even if his thoughts were rather disorganized, the young wolfdog’s instincts were completely intact. His eyes registered the pup’s movement, sitting confidently rather than cowering, and while he might have commended her braveness, the alpha-son in him wanted some respect. His golden tail lifted, half-curled over his back almost like a malamute’s, and he walked down the slope toward her with the proud gait of a king.

A wolf could smell mood to an extent, or at least agitation, and she was excited whether through fear or happiness. He cocked his head at her as she spoke, and all of a sudden she was just a puppy again. He began to smile and ask her more questions when she went on—the interrogator this time.

He almost jolted back in surprise. Her words weren’t what he’d expected, but he didn’t really know what he’d expected. She sounded like a miniature adult—was she a midget instead of a little puppy? Her voice was high but flowing, and his own puppy talk was fresh in his mind.

“I’m from Cour des Miracles,” Skoll replied at length. “And I’m outta my lands because I want to be!” He lifted his chin then realized how it might have sounded, and so he amended quickly: “Just stretchin’ my legs. I don’t explore outside a lot. But why are you out here all alone? You’re so little!” He squinted at her suspiciously, as if a lost child could possibly have ulterior motives. “Where’s your pack?” he pressed, tail quivering behind him. Puppies always belonged to packs!

I swear it must be heaven's light

Image courtesy of night-fate-stock & SunOwl

<style>
.GR2_Skoll p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skoll b {font-family:verdana; color:#34717c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skoll t {font-family:verdana; color:#34717c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skoll {background-color:#e0ebe9; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/17/skoll1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 0px 0px; border:0px solid #0000000; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skoll .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:0px solid #9fb8b6; }
.GR2_Skoll .top {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.GR2_Skoll .bottom {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6238/skoll2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 15px 250px 15px; }
.GR2_Skoll .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Condiment; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:51px;}
.GR2_Skoll .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread