A Bit Too Far
[html]
My cold dark tower seems so bright

Word Count :: 415 This post suucks.

A burst of words came from the little loner, and for once she was acting her age with the enthusiasm and rambling that was still common to the boy. His tail wiggled behind him as she talked about fishing, and while he might have stopped to ask who Jeera was, he instead babbled back at her: “I like fish from the streams; they’re easier to catch. The sea’s too big, and you can fall in. I fell in when I was little but luckily a nice dog-lady rescued me.” His voice was only slightly less speedy than hers (and how his used to be) though it was still pitched with mirth. He did want her to know how dangerous the ocean was, though, and was fully prepared to explain how scary the thrashing waves were and how cold they were and how he’d been ill afterward.

He snorted when she addressed him as “Mister Yellow Wolf” then smiled as she rolled around in the grass. “That’s not my name,” the secui-formed hybrid barked at her first. He lifted his chin arrogantly and corrected: “I am Prince Skoll Haskel, son of Vigilante!” Then his green eyes fell upon her again, looking over her tiny fluffy shape tumbling, vulnerable, on the ground. “What if I was an evil pup-eater wolf? Huh? What then?” He reached out with an oversized paw to stop her in her wiggling, peering down his nose at her. “Ya never know when someone nasty’ll show up. Just ’cause you got lucky this time doesn’t mean you’ll always get lucky. So don’t be so silly,” said the silly boy, scratching his ear with a hind paw.

The next question came—no surprise here—unexpectedly. He frowned at the random outburst, even though he was prone to them. Only now was Skoll beginning to see things from an adult’s perspective, but his hypocrisy was more out of ignorance rather than anything. He blinked and shrugged. “Deer’s really filling I guess.” He ate so much he didn’t really stop to think about food until it was in his stomach, especially the taste. Food was food, and deer was the biggest thing he could think of.

“I um…” Skoll looked at her, not sure where the conversation should go. He had entertained ideas of protecting her, but nothing eventful was happening. Would he stay here until he felt she was safe? Take her home? He didn’t know. Sighing, he decided to ask at last, “What’s your name?”

I swear it must be heaven's light

Image courtesy of night-fate-stock & SunOwl

<style>
.GR2_Skoll p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skoll b {color:#34717c; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skoll t {color:#34717c; font-size:11px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skoll {background-color:#e0ebe9; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/17/skoll1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 0px 0px; border:0px solid #0000000; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skoll .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:0px solid #9fb8b6; }
.GR2_Skoll .top {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.GR2_Skoll .bottom {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6238/skoll2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 15px 250px 15px; }
.GR2_Skoll .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Condiment; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:51px;}
.GR2_Skoll .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread