A Bit Too Far
[html]
My cold dark tower seems so bright

Word Count :: 568

His green eyes narrowed at her giggling. This baby acted like she knew it all! To make matters even more frustrating for the half-shifted boy, she did know an awful lot more than he did. He smoldered as she gave an arrogant little yawn and a smug little stretch, as if to show how un-dangerous this place was. He almost wanted for a monster to appear now and try to gobble her up, just so he could save her and show her how wrong she was!

It was too petty to have a conniption over, however, and Skoll managed to brood silently and not reveal any of his mean thoughts. She wasn’t smarter but knew different sorts of information, information he hadn’t really needed to rely on in Court life. Sighing, he looked at her then blinked as her leathery little nose poked his leg. He resisted the urge to lift the limb, only listening and snorting though some of his grouchiness had faded.

“You can call me Skoll,” the boy said with a careless shrug. He liked for others to know his title, but forcing people to refer to him as a prince was not the way of a true good leader. “But my daddy’s the King of Cour des Miracles, the boss, the alpha.” He grinned slightly at her other retort, shaking his head. “You’d probably taste really bad,” he mocked, lifting a paw to poke her and wrinkling his muzzle as if with disgust. “I guess if an evil pup-eater wolf came, you could ask ’em silly questions all day and they’d fall asleep!”

When it turned out she didn’t know what a deer was, his ears came forward and he shook his head one more time, in disbelief. “A deer? It’s big, kinda bigger than a wolf, and it has four legs and hooves and some have branchy horns on their head called antlers.” Or at least that was how the bucks had appeared when he was growing up; he’d no way of really knowing that their antlers didn’t grow year-round. “Gosh, I wish I could get one now so you could see,” he lamented. He was sure that he could probably try to kill one, but he was still inexperienced in the ways of hunting. He could get rabbits sometimes, but a deer would take at least another friend to hunt, at least so it wouldn’t run away.

His nose wrinkled once more when she introduced herself, but he nodded and filtered her name away. He watched with wagging tail when she began to pounce after a blue butterfly, resisting the urge to join in the game. He was still at an age where it looked fun, but the boy did his best to appear dignified and adult in the face of this miniature child.

“You gotta be kidding me,” Skoll barked when she asked if he should get home. He leaped at her, his heavy secui body landing just a few inches away from her rolling body. He stared down at her, planting one giant paw on her tummy. “It’s not late for me, but you’re like a baby! You needa be home and safe ’afore I think about goin’ back.” His speech got sloppier as he spilled this order out, hoping that he looked menacing enough to be convincing—unaware that the butterfly had returned to perch between his ginger ears.

I swear it must be heaven's light

Image courtesy of night-fate-stock & SunOwl

<style>
.GR2_Skoll p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skoll b {color:#34717c; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skoll t {color:#34717c; font-size:11px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skoll {background-color:#e0ebe9; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/17/skoll1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 0px 0px; border:0px solid #0000000; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skoll .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:0px solid #9fb8b6; }
.GR2_Skoll .top {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.GR2_Skoll .bottom {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6238/skoll2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 15px 250px 15px; }
.GR2_Skoll .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Condiment; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:51px;}
.GR2_Skoll .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread