A Bit Too Far
The smaller wolf pup blinked and leaned her body backwards as Skoll pounced at her, her demeanor left unchanged. The golden eyes seemed to dance as they watched the butterfly's wings intently, her mouth unable to contain the grin of happiness. Her new companion was like her, granted he was older. Well. You can keep your deer, and I'll keep my fish. Kace rolled on her back again and looked at him. It's nice to meet you Skoll, the last wolves I saw weren't nice. The pup rolled to lie down, pressing her head to her paws. She let out a forlorn sigh. 'Sides I bet anything as big as you is too tough to chew. Kace let out another giggle, then pretended to stalk Skoll's paw. As she lunged at it, she stopped just short of his leg, touched her paw to it, then almost singsonged a you're it , then bounded away behind him, up the hill Skoll had approached her on.

Her paws were heavy on the ground, kicking up blades of grass and dirt. She was laughing giddily until she came nose to nose with a rock with a rather large cat perched on it.

Jeera! Kace yelped, automatically scooting backwards, wary of the guardian. W-what are you doing here? Why are you here? she babbled.

Jeera shrugged obliviously and crouched on the rock, her tail swaying almost menacingly. Hello, little one. Her voice was laced with a mixture of concern and perhaps a tone of warning. Who is your friend? The lynx eyed Skoll further down the hill, the rock and lack of wind keeping her scent hidden from either of the wolves.

The timid pup's body quivered for fear of disappointing the cat, or maybe it was from the realization that Skoll could harm both of them. He...I mean, we...we were playing and talking... Kace's words became muted and slow. Her eyes closed and she laid down, whimpering softly. Jeera bounded off the rock and landed next to Kace. Her voice was still calm and smooth as she called out to Skoll. You're not an old wolf...still a pup...why are you out of your lands? My friend has not trespassed, has she offended you? Jeera stretched one of her claws out and pretended to be unconcerned.

Messages In This Thread