A Bit Too Far
At this response Jeera managed a light laugh. She walked beyond Kace, swishing her long tail over the pup, brushing her now perked ears. I've no intention of leaving, boy. Kace is my... Jeera's own pink tongue poked out of her mouth, cautious of her next word. She pronounced it slowly, deliberately. Daughter ...of sorts... Jeera sat, her tail waving anxiously as Kace's body almost shuddered at the word.

The little snow colored wolf slinked beside Jeera, peering up at her. Did she mean that? Kace thought, her bright eyes blinking repeatedly. The cat seemed to ignore her newly declared offspring, though she did inch closer to the pup, as if to comfort her.

Young Skoll...I come to you as not a cat but as a friend, Kace's caretaker and her guardian. I have overheard the two of you, I realize you've no intention of harming her...I only watch over her. Jeera's green eyes focused on the sandy colored wolf, her voice still quiet. Before Jeera could stop Kace, however, the little wolf spoke.

Skoll, she's telling the truth! Kace sprinted to the larger canine, her words hurried. She is my guardian, my best friend and my only friend! Don't hurt her! I love her! Kace reared on her hind legs and placed her front paws on Skoll's furry chest. Kace's voice was a whisper. She's my family... She fell back to the ground, gnawing at her tongue nervously. Her ears twitched and heard Jeera's long winded sigh as the cat kept her distance. She won't hurt you...Right, Jeera? Kace turned her head back, seeking reassurance from her Lynx companion.

With a nod, Jeera took a tentative step forward. I am by far no wolf, let a lone a Luperci, but I am this young one's friend. Forgive her rapid outburst, she is still learning the ways of the wolf herself as best I can teach her. I realize you are still young as well...perhaps this confuses you? Jeera's head tilted and her tone lowered. You can tell him.

Kace shifted her weight between her forepaws and looked up at Skoll. My parents were killed a few days ago. Jeera's been taking care of me. Kace let out a tired sigh and her body seemed to shrink to an even smaller size than she already was. Her eyes closed and she swallowed, granted with a bit of difficulty as she suddenly felt the ghost of Jeera's presence beside her. The cat's soft, silky fur brushed against that of Kace's cheek, and the pup leaned into the cat. I'm sorry, Jeera...I should have been more careful... she muttered, her words almost losing meaning in the snow cat's furry coat.

Shh, my little one. This wolf has no intention of harming either of us. Jeera looked up at him. You are in your Secui form. Could Kace perhaps see your Lupus form? She has not seen another wolf since the death of her family. And, you are not that much older than you, I can tell. She might be less inclined to fear if you were closer to her size?

Messages In This Thread