Obscure Pillow Talk
[html]

Assuming that they get approved as mates here. This post was hard to write. She feels so bad. Sad

During the time when that silence stretched on, Ciara’s tawny ears twitched and then folded back against her head. She knew that Ceri was hurt, it was obvious, and she knew why. In the time he’d been gone she’d found a mate in Augustus, even after the wonderful night she and Cerberus had at the river and the beach, and even after the exciting prospects when he’d joined New Dawn the first time. They hadn’t exchanged any words of love, hadn’t talked about mating or anything even close. Truth be told, they only had that one wonderful afternoon and evening together. Still, the golden girl knew that Ceri had grown fond of her, and she’d had a similar crush on him before he’d disappeared.

What was she supposed to do? She hadn’t meant to lead him on. The afternoon they’d spent together had been absolutely perfect, with playful actions and sweet words. She’d asked him to join New Dawn with her not only because she liked him, but because she knew he’d be a good member of the pack. After he joined, they hadn’t had any time together before he disappeared. Her shoulders slumped, and she directed her earthen eyes to the ground, tears beginning to swim in them. The Epsilon hated hurting others, especially in this way. She hadn’t put Cerberus in the friend zone on purpose, it had just happened.

“I have, yeah,” she murmured, unable to meet his eyes and see the hurt there, that half-smile. “Soran is like a mother to me, Noah and Insomnia are great friends.” She continued, unsure why she held off on telling him that Augustus was hers. She certainly wasn’t ashamed of her mate. The girl was absolutely in love with him. He was so very different from her boycoy. He was serious, dutiful. But he wasn’t playful or blatantly affectionate like Ceri was. She found that she liked the different things about each of them, and couldn’t find anything in them that she disliked. It was just when it came to Augustus, something different happened. Her heart sang, as though she was meant to be with him. Finally, her golden eyes lifted and she looked into the eyes of her friend.

“And Augustus is my mate,” she said, slowly. Her eyes watched him, waiting for him to get angry at her or turn away from her. Her whole body tensed as she waited for his reaction, and she instantly felt foolish. Once again, she repeated to herself that they hadn’t been in a relationship, hadn’t even been courting when he vanished. She and Augustus had spent a lot more time together, they’d hunted and killed together, growing closer each time until finally the unspoken words between them became too much to hold back any longer. Once again, Ciara decided that she couldn’t leave her end of the conversation on any note that might hurt the boycoy.

“I got promoted to Epsilon, too,” she said, trying to make her voice sound proud. “There was a cougar around the pack lands, which attacked Terra. I was one of the two wolves sent to kill it. It was a wicked fight, but we managed to kill it and when I came back, Zalen promoted me.” She turned her head then, motioning towards the shorter patch of fur on her side. “I had some pretty bad injuries, but Deuce and Soran took care of it. I didn’t think that I was going to make it, for awhile…I imagine you felt that way too.”

<style type="text/css">
.eciara b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f5253; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #909097;}
.eciara .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.eciara p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.eciara {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#d2d2dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fqYoC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #909097; padding:405px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#909097; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread