[J] First Contact
[html]
SKOLL HASKEL
à cœur vaillant rien d'impossible

Word Count → 306 · Father-son matching tables ftw! xD

It did not take very long for his call to be answered, and the prince had to fight hard not to spring at his creamy-furred father in greeting. His tail certainly began to thump on the ground, not as curled as his father’s malamute tail but doing its best to mimic it as it wiggled behind him. So much had happened in the last few hours since he’d come over the hills, and it was the sight of his parent that reminded him he was still just a puppy; likely the moment this was taken care of he’d pass out in his room.

The white puppy pressed closer to him, submissive and perhaps frightened of the dog’s massive secui form, one that greatly outweighed even the halfling shape Skoll had come to her in. He lifted the leg she was hidden behind and grinned at her. “This is my daddy,” he assured her, giving her a little nudge with his nose. “I mean, uh, King Vigilante Haskel.” Formalities were best at this moment, he supposed.

Hoping at his obvious ease around the alpha would translate to the younger child, he spoke. “This is Kace Grey. She was all alone—well, not all all alone, but she has no pack or family anymore ’cause hers were…” He trailed off at that point, knowing that to speak of her parents’ deaths would make him too upset to really go on and would probably destroy her. “But she’s… She’s got a big cat friend, Jeera, who isn’t bad even if she’s like a bobcat, and Jeera said Kace needed a pack, and so—” His rambling ended promptly as he lifted his head and puffed his chest out.

“So I brought Kace to join Cour des Miracles!” Skoll Haskel concluded, nervous suddenly about this decision, his proud posture collapsing.

table by raze; template from the mentors

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.knightskol-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.knightskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KtNrN.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; padding:90px 0px 0px 0px;}
.knightskol .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 80px;}
.knightskol .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 150px;}
.knightskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:20px 5px 0px;}
.knightskol p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.knightskol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.knightskol p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 50px;}
.knightskol b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread