Keep On Bleeding
The light of the full moon radiated of Fayne's coat as she stood on the top of a grassy knoll, the shine from from her silver color pelt made it appear almost liquid like. Her soft fur flowing with each subtle movement she made, shimmering brightly. She shook her dome from side to side furiously trying to wipe out the thoughts in her mind. She was a fairly new Luperci Vertus and had only shifted only three or four times before. She had tried very hard to resist her urges on nights like these to change for it filled her skull with terrifying memories from the past. Memories she was barely able to remember clearly, her young mind had twisted and shaped them into horrific nightmare like thoughts that ravaged and toyed with her emotions. Tonight she felt strongly that she needed to shift for she hadn't shifted in over a month. Her mind urged her to succumb to the shift and release from the back of her deepest recesses the vile thoughts she tried so hard to contain. Fayne wasn't one to cry over spilt milk, though she couldn't hold back her emotions forever and every now and then she erupts.

Please...just go away. I don't need these thoughts soiling my joy. My life is good now, my past is irrelevant! So, just leave me be. Leave me to my happiness!! She tried bargaining with her mind in a desperate attempt to relieve herself of the sadness that over encumbered her heart. Fayne threw back her head and let out a long somber howl. A howl so despairing that it would instantly sink the heart of anyone who's ears it reached. It seemed to echo back to her through the rolling hills that surrounded her. Fayne became suddenly enraged with herself. She was so weak that she couldn't beat back the thoughts that attacked her helpless soul. Though her new pack was accepting of the virus and shifted willingly she still felt deeply that she needed to cling to her lupus form. Being in this form gave her comfort and soothed her aching soul. The beasts that were once her family had turned against their own kind, corrupted by the power of the virus taking advantage of the transformation and using it for malicious intentions. So, she frowned upon changing at all. She feared that she too would become corrupt. Just like humans. Their intelligence lead them to technologies that instituted war among their own.

Fayne sat there trembling with anger, her lip curled in a nasty snarl. She needed to defeat herself and prove that she could live with this change. That shifting into something else only changed her appearance and left her soul unscathed. She took a deep breath, gathered herself, and let the urge to shift overcome her. First her spine lengthened, her bones stretched and formed with an audible crackle. Next each of her limps elongated slowly. Fayne threw back her head as her shoulders widened, she reared holding weight with her hind legs alone. She was now half way through her shift, in Secui form. Soon, back paws stretched and became more human like so they would support her when she stood. Each of her front toes molded into fingers, the useless dew claw on the side of her foot formed a thumb. She began to rise in height, her legs and spine straightened until she stood completely. Last was the fur around her head. The black hair lengthened and draped over her back and shoulders while the white hair around her face crowded her eyes. The whole time this was taking place, Fayne's eyes began filling with tears. She was frightened of herself. When the transformation was complete her eyes welled up and she cried. She cried loud and hard unable to hold back her emotions any longer. Though, she wasn't any different mentally and this calmed her slightly like it always did when she changed.

She looked over herself eyeing her hands then twisting around to see her tail which remained long and bushy. She wasn't half bad looking in this form, though she'd never given herself the time to get used to it. She wiped the tears from her eyes with her furry hands and sniffled her nose. But, the tears would not stop coming. The nightmares tormented her, she heard the many voices of the ones who had lost their lives to these beasts screaming in the back of her head. Telling her "NO! Please don't. I am your family, I am your friend. Please don't act with such malice! Fayne put her hands on either side of her skull, she felt as though she were going insane. She couldn't stop them, the voices, from ringing in her ears. Screaming in her ears!! Her sobs grew louder as she stood there on that grassy knoll with nobody at her side to subdue her. It was like she was a puppy all over again. If she would get even the smallest scrape be called the least threatening of names she would cry. She was ashamed of herself. So she sat. She sat there and cried, trying so hard to calm herself.

Messages In This Thread