Keep On Bleeding
[html]

I am sooo sorry for the wait on this!

Levent was used to startling others, to being startled—shadows materializing out of the dark and catching you off guard. It was best to have a weapon within reach at times like these, and to react with caution, but the loud squeal that escaped the silvery wolf was unexpected. He stumbled back, and that—combined with her last-minute correction—kept him from being struck in the center of his cream chest. His wide blue eyes became narrow slits of ice as he stared at the woman, only the heaving of her intended target betraying how much she’d startled him too.

Scrunching her eyes shut, shrieking an apology at him, the woman recoiled once more and buried her face in her plume of a tail. He only stared at her wordlessly, for once at a loss of what to say. Wilson was stiff-hackled and fear-drenched at his ankle, no doubt still shadowed by the remnants of his nightmares, and he offered no hints as to what to do. Awkwardly, feeling the moment of most danger had passed, the male shoved his hands back in his pockets and let his shoulders slump.

He waited for the she-wolf to collect herself, knowing there would be no reasoning with her or anything if she was still hysterical, but luckily she managed to speak quietly to him. This time, he accepted the apology with a nod and a smile that did not at all reach his eyes.

“You startled me too,” the Turkish man admitted. He cleared his throat and looked her over. “Is there…anything I can do?” His smile came once more, softer, subtler. He did not know yet what to do with this girl, whether to play one of his games or simply lead another soul toward the light, but time would tell what he felt like. Right now, he was simply confused by her, by what could make a woman have such a violent reaction. She was no Amy drunk on bloodlust and wine.

“I hate to see such a gorgeous woman cry,” Levent added genially, his tongue flicking the scar on his lip.

<style type="text/css">
.redrulev b {font-weight:bold; color:#57626b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.redrulev w {font-weight:bold; color:#f0cc92; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.redrulev p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.redrulev {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#1a0000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QuCxn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#513838; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread