Keep On Bleeding
[html]

Hehe, it's okay. <3

The young woman was justly mortified, and Levent almost felt bad for her, like he’d feel bad for a baby fawn whose life he would need to take. Predatory eyes flicked over her crumpled frame as she pulled herself together, dabbing at her eyes with her tail. She didn’t seem to appreciate the stare, however, and he grunted to himself as he looked at the swollen moon instead. He’d spent too much time with Amy to remember modesty.

The silvery female managed to stammer out an answer, explaining that bad memories had been the cause of her broken sobbing. He cocked a brow at that, but his smile did not fade. “Were you in a…” He paused, mouth open, his tongue playing about his teeth thoughtfully as if he couldn’t remember the word. “Savaş. Ah, war.” His hands played in his pockets again. “I know those who’ve experienced battle experience terrifying flashbacks as well. But you look too pretty and unscarred for that to be the case…”

His words sounded polite enough, gentle in their questioning, but truly the man was prodding at weaknesses. Perhaps he simply didn’t understand abuse and terror as his life had been a simple one—his mother and father absent at different times because of honor and death, a good trade and a good friend, and a few run-ins with demons of many kinds. But he wondered if he should be worried; if something broke a girl into sobs, maybe he should fear it too.

Wilson pressed against his companion’s legs when looked at, and Levent rumbled once quietly in his chest, the sound as close to a purr as canine vocal cords could produce. It served to comfort the cat enough, as he relaxed—albeit only slightly, still on his toes and suspicious.

The Turkish man laughed briefly. “It sounds funny that you’d thank me for scaring the soul out of you, but… Maalesef, it was necessary. Better me catch you off guard than someone who’d do you harm.” His teeth shone in the moonlight.

“So, benim titreme sevgilisi, what is your name?” Carelessly, he unbuttoned the front of his off-white shirt and stepped closer, hoping to swing the clothing around her shoulders. It wasn’t the same as a cloak or fur, but the gesture meant more than comfort in this case. For once, the other luperci was shorter than him, so it’d cover her up enough.

<style type="text/css">
.redrulev b {font-weight:bold; color:#57626b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.redrulev w {font-weight:bold; color:#f0cc92; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.redrulev p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.redrulev {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#1a0000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QuCxn.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#513838; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread