it's cut me down
[html]

Everything just gave the small hybrid the impulse to scream and drive her feelings into the wolf's head, show her why this was all wrong. Her growing uncertainty of the fact that Hadley probably wasn't going to be with her strengthened, in every way Isa was better. And she, Selene the meek: was nothing but dirt and weakness. Small hands clawed into her own palms, just fighting to run away. Get away from such reminders of her failure and weakness. Ismeme apologized, all she could do was nod her head. Words couldn't explain the tears that dribbled down her face at that moment. "Strength has everything to do with it. What could he have with me? A weak coward?! He won't want me. He'll come back and see me...I will be nothing...And you, he will want you."

Isa said she was beautiful, and quickly she shook her head in refusal. "If I was beautiful, he would have never done that...I can see why he wanted you." There was only one time Selene had actually slept with him, and it was under the influence. There had been chances. And Sel could admit that she had killed those chances by expressing her worth, well her non-worth. unexpectedly, the silver woman wrapped her arms around Selene. The hybrid stiffened in the touch, this wasn't right. "But you still want him! That's the thing! I can't win this...I just can't--" That was her undoing, the hybrid pulled sharply away, nails scraping into her arms. "You don't understand...Do you know how it feels...To he used all your life? Worth nothing but trash, a toy to those sick beings? A puppet with no will of your own? When I found Hadley...I felt free. That I can have one corner of the world to myself, to care for and be cared for...I was so happy--Then I find, that he was with someone else...It changes everything...I've got nothing--And when he comes back, he's likely going to choose you..." Tears ran rampant down her small face, stepping backwards towards her horse, her body trembling. "I'd have nothing..." Sniffling, the hybrid dropped to her knees on the ground. "I'll never live up to you...I'll have nothing left..." Selene flashed back to when he had said he would come back, but hadn't said to her. If not, it was easy to leave Casa. Live on her own for a while. Who would want her? Likely no one. Sel felt overly pitiful, wanting to believe Ismeme, but It was so difficult! "I don't want to give up...But trying, and winning has become like grabbing the stars...Impossible."

434 +3
's all good bro! Talkative Sel is talkative 

<style type="text/css">
.selperd b {font-weight:bold; color:#eee2e3; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.selperd .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.selperd p {text-indent:0px; padding:2px 15px}
.selperd {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#7b5b64; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/B53P5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding:340px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#392a2e; line-height:16px;  letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread