Insomniac's Lullaby
[html]

coding © TEARS,BONES&DESIRE. So sorry about this; I just thought it'd be uber funny Big Grin And I changed the writing to black because you can hardly read it :<

Frodo Silvertongue

It was not a particulary surprising instance that had Frodo curled up, asleep, in the stables rather than his usual hut. After the journey outside of AniWaya to hunt for more game, he had gotten used to sleeping side by side his favourite companion. Like the old days, where Strider and he had gone out on nomadic adventures, sleeping here and there, not knowing what daybreak would bring. Life was far more controlled out in the pack. There was a set routine Frodo would keep to; and though Strider was happy living in the stables with so many horses to keep him company, Frodo himself was considerably lonely in his stuffy little hut. And so for comfort, last night he had curled up against the great white flank of the stallion, and fallen asleep in the hay.

When Frodo awoke, it was not dawn, like he usually woke at. Instead it was still night, and the stable was dark except for a steak of light where the barn door had been opened a crack. Who had came into the stables at this time at night? Baffled, the two year old sat bolt upright, scratching his ginger mane with loose fingers, and pulling himself into a crouch. The stench of horses and hay overpowered his own wolfish musk, so the stranger mustn't have smelt him as she loosed a gray mare and walked off to ride in the dark. Curious, Frodo shook his stallion awake and proceeded to follow Shanta and Belle, quickly mounting and walking out of the stables. He hadn't smelt the stranger before- suppose she was stealing one of the communal horses?! A low growl rose in his throat at this thought, and to make sure the girl knew she was not being followed, he waited a while before following pursuit.

After a while, altering his pace constantly to keep up with her, he noticed she stopped by a river. This was his chance. He waited until the thief started to take a drink, and then he leapt off his horse, drawing Sting - his sword - out in front of him. Yer'll never get away with it, yer hear?!?! he proclaimed, taking a step forward, wielding the sword in a dramatic manner. I know what yer up to, trinket, and yer can stop right now, missy! Frodo commanded, not knowing the poor female had just wanted to ride into the night rather than steal the horse away. No stealing horses on my watch!

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#AFC7C7;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #AFC7C7; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#AFC7C7; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... _Stock.jpg); height:300px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:white; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFC7C7; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread