Insomniac's Lullaby
[html]

word count; 322

Frodo Silvertongue

Frodo watched as Shanta took up a defensive stance before completely blanking him to go comfort Belle. Frodo felt a little guilty for startling the horse, but none the less, he held his ground. He was protecting the honour of his pack! And then he raised his eyebrows slightly as her first comeback included her sticking up for the horse, rather than complaining about his nasty-looking sword. Not to mention the bow and arrows on his shoulder. I uh..! he started, trying to find something terribly witty to say, and then he came up short when her next comment flew into the air. Oh. he finished, eyes intense. Oh, oh dear.

The man quickly put his sword back in it's sheath and frowned, taking a step closer with his arms held in the air in surrender, showing her he now meant no harm. Leaning his head forwards, he inhaled, and realised she smelt faintly of the pack. And he cursed himself mentally, fingers forming frustrated fists. He'd made a fool out of himself. I'm sorry... I didn't realise, sovereign spade...don't go all ash an' oaks on me. but he had to admit; You hardly smell AniWayan, though. Been away? Lost under-the-neath of the sea? Drunk all the rum? he asked, placing a hand on his hip. And then he finally shrugged at her words, knowing it wasn't her fault. It's all-righty. he yawned, grinning sheepishly.

At this point, the white stallion Strider took a step closer. He snorted and let out a loud shriek of a neigh, catching the scent of the mare Belle. Whether she was spayed or not, he still got frisky. Frodo let slip something that sounded like "oh no", before pushing his shoulder against the great stallion to stop him from coming any closer. Grumpily, Strider stood still for his master, but couldn't help letting a bit of flirty low-speech run from his mouth in the direction of Belle.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#AFC7C7;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #AFC7C7; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#AFC7C7; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... _Stock.jpg); height:300px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:white; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFC7C7; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread