Insomniac's Lullaby
[html]

Word Count: 300!

Shanta sighed and let all the anger from her body exit into the earth around her. She was becoming more and more calm until the stud let out a loud neigh. Shanta jumped to her feet, moving to Belle's side. As Frodo put the stud back into place, she let out a laugh. She led Belle to the opposite side of the clearing, letting the mare graze and roll as she pleased. “Don't worry too much, Belle can handle herself.” Her voice came out light and full of laughter. She loved horses and their behaviors, so much like men of all species. She patted the mare and leaned into her smooth coat. Breathing in the familiar scent, she let her arms wrap around the large grey neck. After a short a, she release and kissed Belle's neck. Finally, she turned around to face Frodo once again.

“To answer your earlier question,” she started off, her eyes trailing back to Frodo. She took in his distinctive scent and physique. “My scent is weak because I have been gone for a while.” Her mind made an ID stamp of him so that she could recall him if needed. She made her way back to her tree and plopped down. “I only just returned from my. . . trip.” Her voice trailed off as her mind spun with all the changes. Liliana was gone, Dawali was gone, Ayasha was gone. Everyone she knew. . . gone. She wondered what had happened, but she had yet to ask anyone. Maybe tonight she might get answers, if Frodo had been present for the past year. She wished so desperately she hadn't left, that her heart hadn't pulled her away. The restless feeling was one she would learn to put up with.

<style type="text/css">
.darkred-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.darkred b {font-weight:bold; color:#866d68; letter-spacing:1px}
.darkred p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.darkred {margin:0 auto; background-color:#190100; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/ixr3py.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no->repeat; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#433535; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #150400; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread