Insomniac's Lullaby
[html]

word count; 326

Frodo Silvertongue

Shanta was a nice name, Frodo thought. It suited this stranger- or, well, she was not a stranger anymore. She'd been his pack-sister since joining AniWaya, but it was strange to know that they were only just aqqainted. AniWaya had so few members, they needed to get together more, and make friends within the tribe. It'd be nice to have the pitter patter of tiny feet running around soon, too, Frodo figured. Although he wouldn't say that aloud. Actually, his good friend Gemma was expecting soon. They couldn't be his, he didn't think so anyway, but he figured he'd be their father figure anyway, when the time came for them to be born.

Belle. 'Tis a beaut of a name for a beaut of an 'orse, my skipper eyes do declare. he grinned, and he knew he meant it, too. She really was a pretty thing. Too bad he couldn't really go too near, what with Strider. He'd seen Belle in the stables often, perhaps he'd stroked her once or twice...he couldn't quite recall. Horses were something AniWaya definitely was not lacking in...there were twice as many horses as members! That might not be the case when Gemma's litter came into the world, though.

Although Shanta looked very sleepy, she still managed to talk to him. a-New Zealand, I do declare! Frodo said in reply to where he was from. Or at least, I were born there. Bin' travellin' ever since, around the garden I'd say. he explained. She said something else then... an amazing accnet? This surprised Frodo indeed! Usually, the comments were mocking or just curious...an actual compliment though, that was something. Frodo could not sense any sarcasm, so his face heated up and his mouth smiled wider, ear to ear. Bashfully, he reached with one paw to scratch behind his ear. I uh...thanks! Nobody's ever said tha' before, my old china! he winked at her; Gypsy's ent usually a-complimented.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#AFC7C7;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #AFC7C7; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#AFC7C7; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... _Stock.jpg); height:300px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:white; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFC7C7; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread