Not having someone, that’s the worse curse.
[html]

OOC: It's okay dear. I'll make this my exit and then they can thread again after she knows what's going on c: Luff yew!

---

Cerberus frowned deeply when Insomnia said she wasn't happy and probably never would be - that wasn't what he wanted to hear. Then she mentioned needing someone to show her they cared, and that made matters worse. Had Shadow not shown her he cared? Had he gotten the ebony male all wrong? Ceri gave his tail a perturbed flick and then swatted at each wave that rolled in as if it were a fly. He cared about her; of course he did. But he couldn't tell her that, especially when he didn't know if it was to the extent that she cared for him. He was already of the lowest standing in the pack, he couldn't risk going lower...if it was even possible.

Insomnia, he said, turning his fiery gaze on her once again, I think you should talk to Shadow and sort things out. There's no reason for you to be so upset like this, and once you speak, he'll listen. Very gently, he nudged his face into her side and nuzzled her affectionately, his tail lifting in a lame wag. Then he drew back just enough to smile at her, and she said something that made his jaw nearly come unhinged: "I'm sorry Ceri... I shouldn't... I shouldn't have feelings for you..."

He had guessed she did, sure, but actually hearing it made the poor boy panic. He'd never meant for anything to amount from the time he and Insomnia had spent together, and he definitely didn't want Shadow to come down on him thinking that he had stolen his mate from him. Ceri's ears swiveled back to lie against his head - a motion that was becoming quite common for him - and he whined softly. Insomnia...I...well we...um... he stammered, failing to grasp the right words. Finally he swallowed the lump in his throat and bowed his head. I care about you, he said, really I do. But I'm not going to jeopardize your mateship, and you shouldn't either. Sort things out with Shadow, and then we'll talk. But for now, know that I'm here for you, okay? Cerberus rose to his feet then, dusting his ankles with his thick tail before swiping his tongue over Insomnia's ears and turning to leave.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread