Old friends...or was it s'pose to be...
Adonia's ears went back at hearing the woman he smelled of used him. She couldn't say she had ever had that problem but she could imagine it hurt as much as being lead on about being loved and cared for...then left. Echo didn't seem to give him much time to grieve on things, he was already back on the horse--so to speak. She sat down, not quite thinking of the bird she had on her back. He fell down rolling then to the grass. He threw quite the fit as he made a squawking protest then nipped her tail. At the sound of and feeling of her eaglet tumbling down her back, and the squawking she turned her head from Echo to her golden eagle baby. Her ears intently perked while her eyes looked sadly to him before the sudden bite upon her tail happened. She jumped upward and spun, her back to Echo as she looked to her pet. "Hey! That was uncalled for!" She nipped the eaglet's beak holding it shut for a moment. There was no pain in her action on the bird, it just upset the bird more making it realize that him biting her caused him to loose his freedom in movement. Fighting her grip he thrashed but she held tightly on, any tighter and it would cause his beak to break. He continued to fight against her though, but he realized it was getting him no where and stopped. She released him and he glared at her defiantly. Her brows lifted as if waiting for more retaliation from him. Nothing. "Good...now I'm sorry for making you fall.." She came closer to the little eaglet and licked the top of his head. He didn't much care for her licks, but he knew it was a sign of affection and realized he was to be grateful for them. Shaking he fluffed up a little then came close to her side, trying to snuggle beneath her before she sat back down after she had refaced Echo. He was getting too big to get under between her front legs and against her chest, but as long as he could manage to fit, he was going to continue doing it.

Adonia looked back to Echo, "Sorry about that..this is my pet bird...he's still a chick, but I hope he'll grow into a beautiful Golden Eagle. I got him almost a month ago from a merchant woman named Amy...she seemed like a nice woman." She gave him a nice smile then realized that the scent he held was familiar, but let it go as her mind went from that to something else. His searching for a mate, Adonia wanted to help but she didn't know how she could, even if she knew single females, they were in her pack, and her pack doesn't much care for males trying to take away females...she was still new to the pack, she didn't want to cause trouble by bringing in a male just to meet the pack females. Adonia let her ears back, "Sorry...I'm not sure how to help you with your quest. Perhaps, you can find a female within your pack...or a lone female..."

Messages In This Thread