Blood of my blood.
[html]

:'D wc: 380

Frodo continued to oil the bow, working fast and steady until the wood glowed like embers, the red it was when he had first cut it from a tree, bleeding and thick. It wasn't anything he hadn't done before, but it still felt like something new, and fresh, exciting. It was a while since he hadn't just simply gone out on a hunt after waking, so it was nice to do something different for a change. After all, a hunter relied on his weapons, so his job was at least to do with hunting of sorts. The man thought about things on a larger scale, constantly pausing from his work to brush stray locks of maney-hair out of his eyes. It wasn't long before he smelt someone else around, though.

Frodo lifted his curled head to see a stranger standing by. She wasn't a complete stranger of course; one couldn't really be a stranger in a pack even if you hadn't met them, as you smelt them almost every day. But she was certainly new to the pack, as Frodo hadn't talked to her before (seeing as he liked to talk everyone's ear off whenever he saw them). At first she said something in a language he didn't understand. Now that, that was something very odd to Frodo. Usually people couldn't understand him, but here was he, not knowing what she had just said! What? he asked. She'd maybe spoken in AniWayan, but he knew completely nothing about that language. And it suited him just fine. English and Elvish were good enough for him. And then finally she asked something in english, and he nodded politely, taking the jar from her when she handed it over. There was a complicated knot of twine on its edge, and Frodo wondered whether to just simply cut it with his knife, but then he saw a stray piece poking out of the knot. Hoping he was right in doing so, he tugged at it with his delicate fingers, and the whole thing came away. Pleased, Frodo popped open the lid of the jar with a grin, handing it back. You owe me, skipper. What's in-the-side it, then? I used to keep tadder-poles in one a'them. he commented sheepishly, a hand on his hip.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.frodo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.frodo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.frodo-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#538854; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... book32.jpg); background-position:bottom top; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread