Blood of my blood.
[html]

sorry it took so long wc: 353

The young man woke in his hut with a start. His breathing was shallow, his throat hoarse, and eyes wide. STRIDER! screamed the man. He was terribly tormented, scrambling upwards, without his usual clothes, and running bare and confused out of his home. His direction was straight for the stables. As fast as he could, he pelted his paws on the ground until he swung open the barn door, and he tumbled inside Strider’s stall headfirst. Strider… Frodo mumbled, scratching his head with bleary eyes to see the great white stallion peering down at his flustered master. The young luperci scrambled to his feet, mouth wide open. Strider was fine. He wasn’t dead. Not like his dream. Yes, dream…or nightmare. It had all been a horrible nightmare. How could Frodo have been so stupid? Oh, Strider… he cried, leaning up on tiptoes to hug the horse tightly. Frodo would never let the horse die, he should have known it was a dream straight away.

The man went through his normal morning duties of feeding his horse; and the communal horses as well, as it seemed he was the only one that really visited the stables that often. He brushed Strider down, let the horse out to graze in the field, and then marched back to his hut. The first thing he did was put on a clean shirt, washed in the river the previous day, and wrapped his cloak around his shoulders. There. He didn’t seem that bare anymore. The luperci shouldered his sheath of arrows and hung on to his bow as he marched back outside again, walking round the village with no particular aim. Usually he would go hunting, but today it was too sunny and bright for him to go too early; he’d be sweating all the way through and the prey would scent him from a mile away. So he sat down on a tree stump in the middle of the village, set his bow half-way on the floor, and then started oiling the weapon, washing the wood and shining it until it sparkled.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.frodo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.frodo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.frodo-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#538854; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... book32.jpg); background-position:bottom top; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

nein problem ^^

'Kurwa głupstwo...' Io hissed quietly, her lips pursed to contain the cigarette. She was trying to undo a tight knot at the start or a good few metres of twin casing a jam jar sized glass jar. If Io did not have as much control over her actions the object would have been cast away from her sight with a sharp growl. It wasn't that she couldn't untie it, more that she'd awoken to early and tried to activate her brain when she was unable to use it to link up her cognitive functions. With sleep still on her mind, her digits moved with sloppy, jerky moments, desperately trying to untied this god damn thing. Behind her, her new spirit guide watched, unable to help and unwilling to even if her could.

The collie hybrid arose with a huff and looked around to find a man standing nearby. He was younger than her by nearly half, but still he looked more awake than she felt and already Io was close to flinging the thing away from her. It was a warm day, and as she exited the shadows she sighed, taking another drag from the cigarette before pulling it away from her lips. 'Hej, chłopcze' she said, approaching him steadily. 'Open this for me' she ordered casually, offering him a brief smile while holding the twine covered jar aloft.

<style type="text/css">
.iobicai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e0ceaa; text-shadow:#372817 1px 1px 2px;}
.iobicai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.iobicai {margin:0px auto; width:507px; background-color:#a38d66; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bvwHG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #937e59; padding:310px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cac191; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.iobicai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.iobicai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.iobicai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

:'D wc: 380

Frodo continued to oil the bow, working fast and steady until the wood glowed like embers, the red it was when he had first cut it from a tree, bleeding and thick. It wasn't anything he hadn't done before, but it still felt like something new, and fresh, exciting. It was a while since he hadn't just simply gone out on a hunt after waking, so it was nice to do something different for a change. After all, a hunter relied on his weapons, so his job was at least to do with hunting of sorts. The man thought about things on a larger scale, constantly pausing from his work to brush stray locks of maney-hair out of his eyes. It wasn't long before he smelt someone else around, though.

Frodo lifted his curled head to see a stranger standing by. She wasn't a complete stranger of course; one couldn't really be a stranger in a pack even if you hadn't met them, as you smelt them almost every day. But she was certainly new to the pack, as Frodo hadn't talked to her before (seeing as he liked to talk everyone's ear off whenever he saw them). At first she said something in a language he didn't understand. Now that, that was something very odd to Frodo. Usually people couldn't understand him, but here was he, not knowing what she had just said! What? he asked. She'd maybe spoken in AniWayan, but he knew completely nothing about that language. And it suited him just fine. English and Elvish were good enough for him. And then finally she asked something in english, and he nodded politely, taking the jar from her when she handed it over. There was a complicated knot of twine on its edge, and Frodo wondered whether to just simply cut it with his knife, but then he saw a stray piece poking out of the knot. Hoping he was right in doing so, he tugged at it with his delicate fingers, and the whole thing came away. Pleased, Frodo popped open the lid of the jar with a grin, handing it back. You owe me, skipper. What's in-the-side it, then? I used to keep tadder-poles in one a'them. he commented sheepishly, a hand on his hip.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.frodo-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#538854; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... book32.jpg); background-position:bottom top; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

post fail

'Nothing...' She ignored his questioned as to what she had said first, finding it pointless to repeat, 'Hey, boy'. Woj walked behind her steadily, and Io was unsure if Frodo could see him or not, as the bison would only show himself to those who believed. 'Marijuana' she answered bluntly, taking the jar back from him gently. 'My cousin gave it to me some weeks ago and I have only recently tried to open it'. She could of killed Jan this morning, of course, by using the jar as a weapon. He was a tall, lanky boy with a vast knowledge of fishing and, unfortunately knots. Io scowled at the thought of it and swore under her breath. 'Language...' the Wisent hummed from behind her, 'Shush, it's not like he knows what I am saying' the collie hybrid ordered, the bison respecting her wishes. 'You got a name?' she queried, brushing her fringe out of her eyes.

'Tadpoles...' she hummed, knowing the word but taking her time to match it up. She nodded soon after, remembering the weird little frog children that saw in the lakes and rivers. 'Say thank you' the Wisent prompted, causing the hybrid to roll her eyes, 'Thank you' she repeated, crossing her arms over her chest.

<style type="text/css">
.iobicai {margin:0px auto; width:507px; background-color:#a38d66; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bvwHG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #937e59; padding:310px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cac191; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc: 292 | You and me both x'D

Nothing, eh? Frodo said nothing to that. It did not really matter anyway, he'd never been one for other languages. He never expected he'd ever understand them...after all, his own voice was like a language of its own! Maraa... he repeated the word, or at least half of it, with a crumpled mouth. His ears fell back against his head and he carried on mumbling it mentally..it was a drug, right? A bad one. Or something. That's tha' smokin' stuff? Pipes an' shizz arn't good fer yer, I heard. Yer be careful now. he grinned, eying up the jar with keen interest. Although he knew to stay away from things like that. Bad things, you could get addicted to. Yep, he'd keep his distance. If he could.

Technically, although he was sometimes unfamiliar with words, he could generally understand what someone was trying to say. So when Io swore, he grinned like he knew something he should not, though said nothing about it. Frodo Silvertongue. he replied bluntly, nodding to her with as much friendliness as he could muster. Which was a lot. He found himself laughing when she tried to work out what he meant by tadpoles, and finally mumbled a thankyou. It was like there was something forcing her to do it. A spirit guide, perhaps? Thinking this enabled him to realize there was a faint shimmer close to Io. His suspicious were most probably correct. Believing and thinking there was more to what met the eye usually meant he could see beyond what any normal luperci could, he figured. Seeing as he hadn't realised the spirit guide was there before. 'Ave you a-got anythin' else ah could 'elp yer with? Rat tails an' all, I can 'elp.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

srsly short >.<

Io took part of the grassy clump in between her fingers as she inspected it fiercely. Naturally Jan had supplied her with the very best he could ship in. And it seemed his drug buying skills way out did his rope tying skills. 'Tak. But, it is not particularly dangerous, no' she countered, not taking her eyes away from the jar to answer the male. 'It is only the idiots of the world that fall foul of things like these' Io added swiftly, putting the drugs away with a sigh. 'Everything can kill you, mój przyjaciel, if you do not take caution'. The fluency in the foreign words pointed to Io's obvious lack of English heritage, as she rolled over the common term softly.

Io smiled and nodded, 'Io Berlin'. It was far from traditional in her homeland and perhaps it was spite from her mother, though she had to admit she could have done worse by naming her children after moons (and their discoverer). Her surname came from her father, of course, and even further back came from his father's ancestral home of Berlin in Germany. As a child it was ironic that while she envied her friends names, for they sounded as if they belonged, they envied her own uniqueness.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]