Can It Happen?
[html]

Despite his uncertainties and his insecurities, it seemed as though something Claudius had said rang true for Terra. Right as he finished speaking, she seemed to straighten up and the fire returned to her eyes. Not literally, of course, but her expression seemed to brighten a bit, giving reason for Claudius to relax just a bit. Things were definitely going wrong when it was Terra who was doing the brooding, not him. When Terra asked him whether he was sure, he nodded slowly. Yes, there were many types of love, and they didn’t have to stay the same for everyone, all the time. They could change, just like wolves and coyotes could.

“Yuh, yeah,” he replied slowly. He was about to say something else when Terra licked his cheek and he felt his entire face heat up. That was definitely a humanistic lick—like a kiss, almost. His cheeks burned as he considered this. It wasn’t a show of subordination; it was… something else.

“A-a-and… suh-suh… sometimes… you-yuh-you… do-on’t… know… i-i-i-if… you like… someone… ‘till yuh-you ge-e-et… to know them… be-e-e-etter…” he explained. His face still warm, he tried to steel himself for whatever else she might do--or say.

Image credit: Artur; template from the mentors

[/html]

Messages In This Thread