party all night
[html]

open posting peoples, no need to wait for anyone, just go for it!

The rough melody of the guitar in Bran's expert hands was soothing to Saul, although he could feel an envious bubble rising. He hadn't had the opportunity to learn anything to do with musical instruments, aside from the harp that he'd found on the beaches of Dahlia de Mai. Since finding the instrument, he hadn't ever used it and thought it would be a good thing to trade. It had been his bad luck that he'd forgotten the instrument when he'd been trading at the winter festival, although he'd managed to find a way to get everything he needed from the limited trading items he had. His errant thought about the harp that he still had with him, cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as words formed a song, winding and harmonising with the strumming notes coming from Bran's guitar. Saul's slightly glazed eyes moved over the brothers faces as the sang, before a movement to their left caused him to look over at Lilin.

She appeared to sway slightly from her vantage on the floor, the bottle of wine clutched possessively in her hands resting on her lap. He didn't know how much she'd drunk, but the unfocused look in her eyes, accompanied by the attempt to sing along with the chorus that she most probably didn't know, caused humour to rise in his chest, a gentle snort echoing from him. He didn't know how much he'd drunk, but an empty bottle lay close to Bran's left thigh and therefore the four of them had probably drunk about a quarter of a bottle of vodka each, and they'd started on the second bottle. It was going to turn into a messy night, that was a certainty. As their song wound to an end, Saul watched as Lilin tentatively raised her hands from her bottle, a delicate clap of her hands together, which Saul followed with a grin.

"A beautiful song, Niernan and Bran. You are very talented." He offered, hoping that his words hadn't come out too slurred. Bran asked a question then and Saul thought briefly to the wooden flute that had been offered to him by Shawchert, as well as the bad tune he had managed to pull from the instrument. He snorted softly, a stronger sound this time as he shook his head. Lilin managed to speak before him, confirming that she didn't know how to play a musical instrument. "Me neither- I tried a flute once, but it came out sounding awful. I found a miniature harp once as well, but I never found anyone to teach me." He chuckled, tail waving softly back and forward. The lull in their conversation probably correlated with the amount of alcohol they had consumed.

word count → 456 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread