Symbols, origin, family
[html]
[/html]Claudius watched quietly as the two women interacted. He wasn’t too sure what to make of it since he didn’t know to which event they referred, but it seemed as though Io felt bad about something (and Ulilohi didn’t seem to mind). She moved past whatever it was with a breezy attitude that immediately made Claudius feel more at ease. When others were comfortable, he tended to feel less anxious. Just knowing someone else was feeling all right always made social situations that much more bearable.

He widened his eyes in surprise when Ulilohi explained that she had a gift for him. He had wondered why she’d carried the spears on her back for so long, but he hadn’t thought that one of them would be for him. When she procured the weapons, Claudius’ eyes grew even wider as he took in their craftsmanship. They were beautifully made and Claudius envied the skill of the weapons maker. Ulilohi explained that they deserved to know the beauty of the Great Tribe and Claudius nodded numbly, unsure of how to express his thanks. It seemed as though Io was just as flabbergasted, too. The woman took the spear and traced it with her finger, in as much awe as Claudius was. Claudius then reached out to accept the spear as well, eyeing the impeccable fine detail and the sharpness of the rock spearhead. Io’s profession of thanks prompted Claudius to offer his own, which he did so quietly, glancing from Ulilohi, to Io, and then back again. He was too overwhelmed to say much else.

When Io offered him some meat, Claudius shook his head politely. “Nuh-no, no tha-ank you. I-I’ve no-o-othing to-o be tha-a-anked for,” he explained. But he turned to Ulilohi and gestured with his one hand for her to take something. “I-it wa-a-as all… Uli… l-luh-lohi’s… doing.”[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread