Symbols, origin, family
Omg Claudius is dying.
[html]
[/html]Claudius immediately found his face begin to heat up when Ulilohi addressed it. He knew that there were ways to graciously accept praise from others, but he hadn’t found it yet. So, when she acknowledged his longevity in the tribe and explained her intentions for giving him the spear, he had to do his best not to look away in embarrassment.

He was quiet as Ulilohi took the offered food from Io, not wanting to impose upon them. He already felt bad for having Io worry for his sake. Even though his instincts told him to take the food--to eat his fill lest there not be another time to eat--he didn’t want to inconvenience her if she wanted some, or if he ate too much and then embarrassed himself. At the same time, he couldn’t remember if it was rude to decline food or to accept it without protest. One of them felt too humanistic than the other, while simply eating food felt natural, right, and wolfish. Even though he’d lived his entire life in AniWaya, he still struggled with some social conventions.

“I--” he began, but stopped. He tried to breathe, but his heart felt like it was racing. He was in no mood to speak. So if just shook his head with a mournful expression. He held his hands out in front of him with his fingers splayed in a gesture of hopelessness. “I-I-I... I... wuh... I...” he stammered, but he knew he was too agitated to actually say anything of value. Embarrassed, he just looked away, wishing he could disappear. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread