Symbols, origin, family
Claudius has been really shy this thread, but now he's speaking up! Haha. 364.
[html]
[/html]Claudius was surprised to hear Ulilohi agree with Io. He had thought that, as a member of the original tribe, she would be more traditional than this. Enabling Io’s confessions of poor work ethic did not sound very traditional, and although Claudius felt bad for thinking so poorly of Io, he also thought that Ulilohi was being rather progressive. Perhaps he believed so staunchly in the ways of the tribe because he had known no other life: because Noir’s death had bound him most irrevocably to this tribe. He was glad, though, but still though that Ulilohi was giving Io a lot of leeway. Of course, he would never voice this in front of them: he was traditional to a fault and would not wish to appear rude to his host. The AniWayan code of ethics was too thickly engrained in his mind.

Ulilohi then addressed Io’s spirit guide, which Claudius had—somehow—not heard. Thinking back, he recalled hearing someone say that the items were quite wonderful and he was quite certain that he had nodded in agreement. Perhaps he had only done so mentally. He wondered who had crafted these items. For the first time, he wished that he might be able to visit the old tribe to meet this craftsman. If he could ever be this skilled, he would be very thankful. He nodded as well, glancing at the spirit guide and hoping that he had not offended him.

When Io spoke up again about building chicken coops, Claudius perked up his ears. He was always interested in new building projects in the tribe and building a coop sounded like a very good idea. He knew that AniWaya had a few chickens, but many had fallen prey to other creatures in the past years. Her guide seemed to think that she was doing well because he offered his own praise.

“I-i-is a-a-anyo-one he-e-elping yuh-you with thi-i-is? I-i-it suh-sounds like… a vuh-very good… puh-project fuh-for the tuh-tribe,” he said. He tried his best to catch Io’s gaze as an almost-apology for thinking so poorly of her earlier. Although he stood by his thoughts, he did not want her to think him rude. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread