take my spirit from my open hand.
[html]

Aww, I don't have AIM, sorry. ;n; Meep, here is an ending! WC: 369

Colorful starfish and pinching sand crabs, it was all new and uplifting to her. Coli had not felt so genuinely lighthearted and interested in someone's company in what felt like years. Actually, it had been that long; she had sequestered herself from civilization for many seasons, feeling like the dull ache of loneliness was better than facing the sharp pain of a breakup. It wasn't easy to let down her guard after having built it up for so long. Before she fled Crimson Dreams, it had been her company that Coli so craved, her words that Coli hung onto so acutely. She caught her breath in surprise, realizing what it meant that she was suddenly thinking about this again. Could she be... developing a little crush on Emma? She snorted in derision, quickly shaking off the notion. That was impossible; no one could capture her heart after the brutally thorough way it had been broken. It made her chest ache to even think about liking someone that way again.

And yet... Coli could not keep the silly smile from spreading across her muzzle as she watched Emma's sunny antics; the way her tail would not stop wagging, the whimsical pose she struck as she checked for crabs beneath her footpaws, the enthusiasm she had for everything. Coli did not hesitate to follow her beck and call, cold saltwater washing up to her ankles as the girls peered over the jewel-like starfish. Her companion showed none of the attitude she had been told to expect from Inferni, instead offering her a spontaneous compliment, one that caused a faint blush to creep beneath her cheek fur. She knew she was nowhere near as pretty as this spirited youth, but she did not have the presence of mind to tell her so. Instead she chuckled softly, shaking her head; this whole encounter had been so unexpected, and so... fun.

Even when the beautiful day began to fade into a dusky sunset, and Coli knew they had to part ways, she still felt brighter and more vibrant than she had in such a long time. It was all thanks to this girl... one she found herself hoping she might cross paths with again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread