Is this where I belong
[html]

Oak wrenched his axe from its resting place as they passed it, and her sea green eyes observed the deep gash in the trunk. Quite a strong blow indeed. His next question was only natural and she had expected it, though to say she wanted to answer it would be a lie. Fortunately, Oak continued to speak, stating the pack's need for protectors and hunters. The more he spoke about the peaceful nature of the pack, the more appealing it sounded, her ears alert to his every word. His mother's title was a familiar word to her for her old homeland had a praetor, or rather had once had a praetor. The male who had once judged all matters civil and otherwise in the town court had been slain in the revolt that had claimed her father and eventually sent her to this land. However, the similarities to her homeland likely ended with the titles as Oak did not describe a place of prejudice, but a place of family, where everyone was equal.

In her thoughts she realized that the conversation had fallen silent and the russet male's inquiry had still gone unanswered."This place sounds wonderful, compared to my old home. My father was the Consul or leader of our town. The town lies far across the ocean on the coast of a large island. I was my father's only child so he had me trained in many things, not just combat and hunting. I received my training from the town centurion and his legionnaires, at my father's behest. I was only trained to defend myself, for females were not allowed to participate in military matters. I hunted to provide for my father's frequent feasts and gatherings," she replied, gathering her thoughts before continuing. If she was going to give some details of her background, she'd best give them all. Oak and the rest of the pack would have to learn about her sooner or later, especially if she was allowed to join.

"The town was several hundred strong and unfortunately it was heavily divided socially. My father and many of the people I was taught by were members of the nobility. I was rarely allowed to associate with the townspeople. I was always told that I was better than them, but I knew I wasn't. One day a couple months ago, the centurion, the legionnaires, and several townsfolk revolted and killed my father and many of the nobles. They spared me, saying that they didn't want to kill me because I wasn't like the rest of the nobility. They bought passage for me on a ship to this continent and I made my way north until I arrived here at Crimson Dreams.” She heaved a sigh of relief after her story ended. It felt good to finally tell someone her story. She relished the opportunity to redefine herself as her own person, not her father’s daughter. [/html]

Messages In This Thread