Building stronger bonds
[html]

I hope it's okay if I join now!

Word Count → 350

Coeus peered towards the activity that was going on around the construction area. It was more activity than he was used to by far. There were several unfamiliar faces though he recognized Hadley. He seemed very preoccupied though with some she-wolf he didn't know. He was getting more used to traversing in his optime form, though it was a big transition from being in his lupus form all of the time. Everyone seemed to be starting at some task or another and he was in the back looking like a lost puppy. He had heard the end of his Luna's words but had never really made anything beyond simple, sharpened sticks. Rolling his shoulders self consciously, he decided that there would be no better time than know to learn. As he braced himself to make the approach, he talked himself into with each step he took. He was young, he was smart, it would be easy, it looked easy.

"Ma'am," he chirped, and was shocked by the meekness of his own voice. He cleared his throat, "Uh, is there anything I can help with?" He watched the others digging holes and shook head to himself, "I can dig holes! Yeah, that I can do." Scurrying away with all his dignity left behind him, he grabbed a shovel and was willing to bend his back for his pack. Feeling embarrassed by his display idiocy, he was determined to work extra hard. Though he hadn't realized how hard digging actually was. It wasn't running or riding, it was digging, something he had done very little of. It didn't take long for him to be huffing and puffing, with beads of sweat running down his brow and muzzle.

Pausing, he wiped the sweat from his brow. The others didn't seem to be having an easier time of it, rather they seemed to be ignoring their discomfort a bit more than him. Shaking his head in gruff admiration, he went back to work, his vision fleeting towards the unknown faces. Someday he would know them all, even if today was not that day.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Astrid Walter

<style>
.coeusaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n2fkA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#a97345; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 295px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.coeusaly-1 b {color:#f4eb8c; }
.coeusaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.coeusaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.coeusaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.coeusaly-1 .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread