Hope I'm not being too forward..
Her smile grew as he showed interest in her feathered friend. He made a motion to pet the young eaglet and being not used to many touches by strangers his body hunched down and his head moved, keeping his beak at an angle that allowed him to bite if the man made any motion to arm him. He let out a small protest as the hand descended onto him, he couldn't keep his beak aligned for long, he put his head in a normal position watched as his down was petted. Mouth open and tongue raised watching the hand. Adonia couldn't help but laugh, "Now, now...he isn't going to hurt her...plus I wouldn't allow anyone to hurt you, you should know that.." She petted his chest with the back of her free hand to calm him down. It worked.

Her head turned looking back to Thanatos and answered his questions, "Unfortunately, no...but I have had a few ideas. I thought about going with a god name...something meaning god of the skies, but I haven't had the chance to look for books..especially not while I'm...you know. I don't want to leave the safety of the pack while in such a condition..not that the pack is necessarily 100% safe while I'm in...well you know. Without Ookami around..I'm surprised he would abandon me. I can't find his scent anywhere..and already a male tried to mark me as his own...luckily I was able to get him to back away by reminding him I was taken." Her ears flattened for a moment as he mentioned he hadn't seen her mate.

It made her chest feel heavy. Had Ookami truly left her this time? His words continued and she felt flattered for a moment, "...no you're fine..but I'm afraid he might be stupid...it isn't the first time he'd disappeared on me..and to think, I took him back so quickly." Another thought dawned onto her but she pushed it away as quickly as it came. Maybe her mother was right. She took in a sharp breath and her eyes looked up for a moment, she had suddenly had a sad look in her eyes but she smiled a little trying to push her emotions away, "..so, maybe my...you know, will let up here in a week and I can venture back out and try to find a book on names or something...I really want to give him a good name."

She looked to her feathered companion and brought her hand slightly over his head, her thumb rested on his beak as she drew him close and gave him a little kiss on the head, "..You'll always be here for me..I hope!" She said in a cheery voice, her thumb slipping and the bird turned his head toward her face and moved his beak right at her. She felt his beak touch her, but he didn't bite, instead he nibbled as if preening her coat. Adonia laughed, almost giggled at the feeling of him preening her chin. "..well, that's the first!"

Messages In This Thread