Dancing on Sanity's Edge
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

There was no answer to the why, only how she had come to wander down this negative path. Selfishly she could blame it all on her coming to this place rather than remain in the North were life was simple and well known. But her heart would not allow her to think such a way…

“Why…” she repeated softly with eyes wandering from the soft blue of her companion’s to the earthen hues beneath their paws. Her ears twitch uncomfortably at the mention of the young mother and again she found herself suppressing a growing sense of betrayal. Calmly, she soothed that surfacing beast and breathed the air wrapped in the scents of blood and her dear friend.

“I sought to make something that was not mine to have… the ancestors have shown me this and have guided me toward this undesirable circumstance. I have walked blindly, searching for the Shepard’s path but could not find the warmth of his steps… only the alien cold of the unknown. And yet…” again she inhaled their melded scents and released a taxed breath. “I did not have the support of those I cared for to bring me back toward the familiar. Even whom I loved left me to wander in the darkness without a light or scent to guide me…” As she spoke of him, she could not swallow, she could not breathe… she could not show anything other than the calm, placid face of understanding as if she would have done the same in his position. In her heart she knew this not to be true, but she could not let the pain of his loss show, nor let it affect her any longer. So she smiled a small, weary smile and looked to her friend again.

“As I pup, I was told the path of the Shepard would be mine to partake upon, but always in my mind’s eye did I believe I would have the shadow of my Shepard, just as his Shepard followed him. Perhaps it was my own fault for believing this would follow upon these strange lands… and clung to it so desperately that all else went ignored.”

362 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread