Dancing on Sanity's Edge
[html]

(312) Exams make Raze's posts sad.

Vesper is by me!

The scarred woman always felt reluctant when it came to asking hard questions or addressing difficult occurrences, but she knew not to flinch away from what she wanted or need to know. She knew that it would hurt X’yrin to speak more of this, and her lowered gaze and twitched ears showed some discomfort, but if she better understood, she could better help.

The Nomad spoke, and Vesper thought back to her own leader’s surprise that those of the mountain pack had stepped down. Would she find a crumbling pack if Ezekiel left and she was forced to reign alone? The difficulty of such a thing was beyond her, and she listened with sympathy until her friend mentioned the departure of someone she loved. She was transported to winter, to her friend’s pride, the smell of her mate on her, and her lip curled with disapproval, as if she wanted to bite into the grey male then and there.

Everything had fallen away, leaving X’yrin alone and smiling softly in the face of it all. She was a Shepard without those to lead, a mentor without a guide, one who had left the Endless Path to find a broken destination.

Oh, X’y, Vesper breathed. She was at a loss for more helpful words, and she snuggled close to the golden wolf again, licking her wound and tucking against her for comfort. Why had she risen where her friend had fallen? Both came from the same world, both had claimed positions of power in their new families, but now… Are you going to leave? she asked softly, thinking of the spacious land beyond the mountain range and isthmus. Nova Scotia was a land of false promises to the Exultare, but what about beyond?

I don’t want you to leave, she added almost inaudibly, selfish and childish. I want to help, but… You were always my Shepard. I don’t know what to do.

<style>
.vesCute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.vesCute p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.vesCute p.image {text-align:center; float:left; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesCute .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.vesCute .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.vesCute b {letter-spacing:1px;}
.vesCute b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.vesCute b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.vesCute b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.vesCute u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread