Dancing on Sanity's Edge
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: x.x how late is this reply?

There was comfort found in camaraderie, and though it was pleasant she could not escape the hurt she endured knowing that she could not receive this reassuring touch from anyone she still knew. The pups were innocent in this, void of understanding as to what brought their caretaker to feel like this. Their only understanding was that the male they had come to see as father was gone, and the woman who cherished them unconditionally was hiding her hurt as best as she was able from their prying eyes. But they did not know why circumstances had become as they had. The woman could not take comfort from them, but give it instead and assure them that all would be well despite the apparently contrary to these claims.

And so she was made to find her peace, her comfort, her strength in a student she had taught to be strong and take from her what understanding she could offer though the woman had only given her riddles and scenarios to craft a broken story. But within the tale, her tawny friend had taken the thoughts that had burdened the autumn woman for some time; would she leave this place? Cast everything aside and start again on the Endless Path? Or return home and give into destiny with her heart broken and purpose unfulfilled? Would she leave this all behind and forget the wonderful and terrible experiences she had had upon these strange lands that had come to feel like home? She had left a home that had far deeper bonds than here... what was stopping her from doing it again?

Her head came to rest comfortably atop the crown of her student and friend. Her torn ear did not escape the tongue of sorrow nor could her friend not feel the uneven beats of pain in her chest for the damage suffered by life's trials. And its pace quickened its erratic rhythm as those soft words reached her own lying ears. The woman was not so vain to place herself in a state of awe at such meaningful words, but she could allow herself to feel them modestly and stir a true heartening smile. "It is the responsibility of a Shepard to see to their student's happiness as well as teach them the skills of their Family." Gently, she nuzzled into the lone torn ear, again dislodging loose strands of auburn mane to come cascading around the secluded pair. "...I believe I have done well to see to one of these tasks... but would fail at the other if I went against my dear friend's happiness."

436 words.

<[/html]

Messages In This Thread