Dancing on Sanity's Edge
[html]

It's okaaay. <33

Vesper is by me!

Vesper breathed in her friend’s scent almost desperately, knowing that there was a chance she wouldn’t be able to again. There were many factors at play, one of the strongest being the threat that had come to her clan. Her rosary was heavy around her neck at the thought, but she knew that she would do everything to push through. She had few friends beyond the coyotes she called comrades now, but they were far away and deserved her love just as much; she had finally found that balance.

X’yrin nuzzled at the tuft of fur and scar tissue where her ear had once been, but the gesture was comforting. She spoke softly, saying that a Shepard had responsibility for their student’s happiness as well as their abilities.

The coywolf brightened at that, ignoring her own selfishness in favor of bliss, and licked the golden woman’s cheek. If the time truly comes where you have to walk the Endless Path again, I promise that I won’t stop you. Her vow was solemn but warm; she knew that she needed to let go sooner or later, not cling like some cub to its mother. But until then, I’ll help you the best I can to overcome this.

Her smile died when she realized that this task would be impossible right now. She drew back slightly, glancing over her shoulder in the direction of the stakes lining Inferni territory. Many more skulls would decorate them soon—she hoped.

Inferni has fallen on hard times too, X’yrin, she confessed, unable to keep the secret any longer. We’re… We’re at war. The beads pressed against her throat when she swallowed.

<style>
.vesCute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.vesCute p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.vesCute p.image {text-align:center; float:left; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesCute .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.vesCute .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.vesCute b {letter-spacing:1px;}
.vesCute b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.vesCute b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.vesCute b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.vesCute u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread