Dancing on Sanity's Edge
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The blood coursing through her veins did not flow freely without the burden of a history of vengeance and cruelty. The Nomad believed no species was without its wrong brought on in history at one point in time, and to believe otherwise was surely in ignorance. She did not favor the coyotes of Inferni because their hate was stemmed from past experiences, allowed to fester in an environment encompassed by disdain for the larger beasts. She had grown angry to learn of this blind prejudice but nothing had been done on her part to dispel it, except for the friendship she had made with one neither fully one nor the other, but a seamless compilation of both warring worlds. She would have been foolish to assume this bond alone was enough to motivate the abolition of a lifetime of hatred. And foolish still to believe that any other this was fostered without fault of her own kind.

But in hearing the enemy opposing the clan, the Exultare felt neither anger nor sadness, but disgust. It was true; if there was not hatred before, then there surely would be now and what lingered would only fester as one kind sought to thwart another. The end result would be catastrophic if not permanently scarring the clan and impressing upon the ignorant that these actions were ‘right’. She could not begin to understand the toll this situation placed upon the shoulders of her friend… or know how long she would be able to endure it.

The Nomad lowered her muzzle to gently lick the cheek of the Infernian lead, offering not condolence but strength in so soft a form. “I cannot claim to know what the ancestors foresee for you or your family Vesper. But I know these trials are not without a purposeful meaning. It may look that at this end there will only be a widening rift between the shaky co-existence but there are ways to lessen its damage. Hatred is a beast that will not release its bite because we wish it to, but must be encouraged through understanding… and at times through what were once believed to be unthinkable means.”

Lifting her muzzle, she offered what she could make of a smile for her friend. “It is the duty of a Shepard to see to the happiness of their student. I have faith, that led by you your family will survive this conflict, but for your happiness, I offer my aid in seeing to the conditions of its end.”

420 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread